Member Array
    Car:
    '96 DC4

dc4 electrical issue.. help..

Had a big electrical fail tonight..

But a quick car history first. Right rear brake light has always been blowing over the years. I kept replacing it which fixed the issue. Lately there have been a couple electrical abnormalities such as when the key is out and you touch the brakes the dash lights up (random). Tonight when turning on high beams in the backstreets the whole electrical system cut for a split second ie the stereo reset and lights flicked, engine cut for a split second. Then when i pulled in the driveway at home alarm went on and all other power died. Couldn't turn the alarm off as it has battery backup. So i had to try and rip out the alarm while it blares full boar making me deaf in the process. Finally ripped the alarm apart and it stopped. Now car has no power at all. Any ideas?

start by checking the earth connections on the car, check your alternator is not over charging

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    I don't know about most of your problems, but my dash lights used to come on when I hit the brake pedal. it turned out it was something to do with the brake globes. changed the bulbs and it stopped happening.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    The car appears to be dead because the immobiliser wiring of the alarm would have been wired to the ignition switch. Check your wiring as you may be needing to join two wires together.