Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 civic VTI

Unhappy Civic VTI SRS light staying on

Hi,

I removed my airbag to replace my steering wheel with one in better condition and now my SRS light won't turn off. I reconnected everything back the way it is suppose to be but the light still stays on.

I found a method to reset the SRS light but my car doesn't seem to have the MES plug. I've tried looking everywhere and following the yellow wiring but there is still no plug. Is there some other way to

reset the SRS light or somewhere that the plug might be hiding? The red SRS light gets really annoying but I don't want to just unplug it from the back of the cluster....

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    You left the battery connected when you removed the steering wheel didn't you?

Naughty boy
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 civic VTI
    No I didn't I removed the negative terminal off the battery before doing anything (didn't want the airbag to blow up in my face).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 civic VTI
    Come on. Someone has to know how to do it....

You mean you swapped the steering wheel with another airbag steering wheel? Is in working condition? That plug is most likely there, they're just very hard to find. Sometimes they will be plugged into a dummy socket in the fuse box so it looks like it's actually connected to something, but when you pull the plug, the socket is a blank.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 civic VTI
    I swapped out the steering wheel part only the airbag is still the original. And I've searched everywhere there's no plug in the fuse box either. That's why I'm asking I'm stumped as to where this plug is to reset the SRS light. :/

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your car may not have the MES connector.

Is your SRS ECU behind the inflator or behind the centre console ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 civic VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    your car may not have the MES connector.

Is your SRS ECU behind the inflator or behind the centre console ?
    When I looked around I didn't see a SRS ECU behind the centre console so I'm guessing that it would be behind the inflator. How would I go about resetting the SRS light if my car doesn't have a MES plug?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    I remember doing it with the PGMFI tester, this was a long long time ago.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 civic VTI
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    I remember doing it with the PGMFI tester, this was a long long time ago.
    Oh damn, so I'm guessing there's no way for me to reset the SRS? Cause I don't have a PGMFI tester haha

Car:
    twin GX160's
    You need to find and read the Workshop Manual that suits your car and our market. It will cover what is required to reset the SRS ECU.

Double check all your connections.