Thread: EK Civic owner

EK Civic owner

Hi,

I'm in SA and have picked up a damaged 1995 EK Civic that is a financial write off.

It's been in the family since new and needs a new passengers headlight, bumper, reinforcement bar and some panel beating

Hope to use it as a dirt car or a low maintenance track car.

Always liked Honda's and looking forward to working on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	28629  

Nice.

They are wicked on dirt. My EG6 used to punch well above its weight - even beat the odd 4WD turbo on gravel. Not many of the RWD guys could ever come close, either. Straight out of the box it will be very competitive on dirt (maybe throw some stiffer springs and dampers at it). For tarmac you'll need to spend a bit more to get it competitive, but still a fun drive nonetheless.

Thanks mate. Yeah it should be pretty fun and that's my main goal. We picked it up for next to nothing and it will be a good car to learn on

Absolutely fun! dial in a little toe out at front and back, and it will be wonderful on dirt (probably want some toe in at the back for tarmac though). Mine used to get silly sideways angles in the gravel (and they reckon FWD cars don't travel sideways). They're very chuckable and handle extremely well for a shopping trolley.

Des Collins is in SA, and he built several rally Hondas over the years, including a bunch of EG6 ARC cars (of which mine was one). He's still a Honda tragic, so would be able to help with setting the car up for dirt.