Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I gone against many GSI's. When mine was stock i went against a mates stock GSI, and i had him by about 4 - 5 car lengths over about 300 - 400 metres.
    Have also gone against Civic VTiR's beaten them all. One day i went against a Civic Type R, it was close but i had him just. He had a person in the passenger seat and i was by myself, but this was before i got headers.

lol it seems someones underestamating gsi's.. guessin u drive a vtir integra from ur pic n the way ur talkin about gsi's?? hav u ever been up against a gsi.. with a good driver? (this is to "da1nonly')
    Last edited by dc4t; 19-08-2005 at 04:52 PM.

felix i think ur friend just cant drive... lol

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t
    lol it seems someones underestamating gsi's.. guessin u drive a vtir integra from ur pic n the way ur talkin about gsi's?? hav u ever been up against a gsi.. with a good driver? (this is to "da1nonly')
    i dont bother with them to be honest.

well theres ur problem.. ur heads too big about ur own car.. just because u think gsi's are slow doesnt mean they are.. go out and race one.. u'll be surprised. i mean look at the stats... stock gsi approx 16 flat q/mile.. vti-r 15.5 q/mile.. hondas are all based around the 15 second mark.. unless ur talking type r's n nsx's n s2000's lol oh n the slower older gen's..
    Last edited by dc4t; 19-08-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    well theres ur problem.. ur heads too big about ur own car.. just because u think gsi's are slow doesnt mean they are.. go out and race one.. u'll be surprised. i mean look at the stats... stock gsi approx 16 flat q/mile.. vti-r 15.5 q/mile.. hondas are all based around the 15 second mark.. unless ur talking type r's n nsx's n s2000's lol oh n the slower older gen's..
    What the!?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    felix i think ur friend just cant drive... lol
    Umm yes he can drive.
    4 - 5 car lengths over a quarter mile would be what? a second, if that...
    Are you trying to say that a stock GSI will beat a stock VTiR? Vtec makes quite a diference! Dont most GSI's get around 16.5 sec quarters. while VtiR's get around 15 flat, stock?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    just out of interest which cars supposed to be faster? coz every time ive seen these 2 cars up against each other the integra's always won by at least 2 carlengths.. ive been up against 2 and beaten them both...

isnt the b16a 118kw? in a lighter car??

Are you sure these Civic Vtir's didnt just have VTiR badges and were realy non vtec?
    There is so many non Vtec civics and Preludes going around Newcastle with VTIR badges on them its not funny.

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5
    Vti-r has more outright power than GSi's, however they also carry a bit more weight. This coupled with the GSi's stronger torque down low makes for a pretty close match-up, obviously the VTEC system on the vti-r's is far more advanced than the plain old b18b of the GSi and yes, in a stock V stock race, it will beat a GSi down the qtr, but at top end speeds, what looks like a big margin is a matter of milliseconds, all it takes is a slip up either way to get the upper hand.

As for not even bothering (DA1NONLY) im sure there are a few ppl on here that have been own3d by a GSi because they are convinced they are 'slow' lol.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    stupid question. close this thread.

Doesn't da1nonly have 18" rims? probably gets owned by toyota echo's. You posing hair dresser!!!

Having said that, V-tir's are faster than gsi and type R's :P

Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    if u had a vti-r u wouldnt bother with Gsi's either