Thread: Amp Advice

Amp Advice

Hey guys wat would be the best amp For running 6 1/2" Splits and A Sub.
    JB say MTX are the best amps around, is this true? Can i run this setup without draining the batt?

Member Array
    first of all no MTX amps arent the best around i think they're overpriced. second of all be specific show us ur speakers and ur sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

In one unit; the Audison SRx3. Check it's stats against others in the same clase. (For tutorial on stats to look at, see my sticky thread at the top of the forum).

www.audison.com

If you want dual units, let me know and I'll expand the list somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    first of all no MTX amps arent the best around i think they're overpriced. second of all be specific show us ur speakers and ur sub.
    Oh ok just got basic pioneer ts160r and a sony xplode 12" will upgrade to better. Yeah so wat am,p do you recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    n13 pulsar
    as above, audison SRx3, one unit will be more than enough to run all those for you in one amp

yeh pretty broad question, should say where you are planning on putting the damn thing lol. Theres lotsa good amps out there, but sum are really big.

But apart from my whinge, i say go the audison SRx3.

Shouldnt drain your battery just running that.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    this isnt a bad amp http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/sc_...ducts&proId=13 for a 4channel, the thing is u cant really get much power for the sub if you're using a 4ch amp unless u wanna spend major bucks (which is not worth it) i used to have a schneider 140wrms 2ch amp running my clarion 15" and it pumped really hard without much distortion. it says RRP is 465 but u can probally find it for arounf $300
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    n13 pulsar
    4channel amp should do the job if you have one though. just bridge two of the channels to run the sub. it will do the job but not very optimal

Remember though that bridging the two channels (3 and 4) doubles the distortion...