Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Battery Relocation

Does anyone have any experience with a battery relocation to the boot on an Integra? What is needed, how to do it, etc.
    Any info that could help, thanx

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    I have done it on my ED civic. Wasn't that hard.

I used this link: http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_pr...ion/index.html
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    I'll be doing it this weekend
    pretty easy
    just hook everything up to your starter motor and then run cable from starter terminal to boot and connect batt then earth batt to car in boot

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    whats the legality issues in doing this? like does the battery have to be in a box with a vent to the outside of the car? grommets through any panels? routing of the cable? etc. or is it pretty simple? cheers.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Acura TSX
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie
    whats the legality issues in doing this? like does the battery have to be in a box with a vent to the outside of the car? grommets through any panels? routing of the cable? etc. or is it pretty simple? cheers.

Not if you run a sealed battery like this:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/marketpla...ll/nrg-wrx.jpg

Plus you can mount them wherever you want. Although for safety sake, you want to put it in a box just so it does not accidently get shorted out.

im confused. everything i keep finding including the link above seem to not connect a cable from alternator to battery... so wouldnt the battery go flat? or have i just misread it and they did connect it correctly?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    I dont like the way they did the relocation very messy and confusing
    anyways the alternater wires are allready taped into the wires that run in the standard loom
    i'm currently 1/2 way throght doing mine i have removed my standard loom and upgraded it all and it will all look standard and not suss just no batt
    I may proviode a pic when i'm done
    possibly tonight

I think you have to have it mod plated if you have moved the battery for road.

Vincent, can you plz rephrase your comment, cos i find it hard to understand.
    Thanks very much.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
    Not if you run a sealed battery like this:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/marketpla...ll/nrg-wrx.jpg

Plus you can mount them wherever you want. Although for safety sake, you want to put it in a box just so it does not accidently get shorted out.
    keep in mind Californian laws are not the same as australian. check with your local RTA on the legality of it.

afaik it's illegal coz it's a fire hazard and if you are in an accident the rescue ppl don't know where the battery is? (+ the shock factor if u get something conductive on the terminals)

but don't quote me on that, ask your RTA!!
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by vincent
    I think you have to have it mod plated if you have moved the battery for road.
    Clarification, I am not sure if this applies to any your state but in QLD, you have to have an engineer certify the process and ensure it meet the safety requirement and the engineer affixes a modification plate to the chasis of the vehicle to proof that the relocation meet the safety standard. This rule applies to QLD road registered cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    hey skremn, where did you route the cable through the firewall?
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985