Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti

jazz aftermarket or factory bodykit?

Hello all,

I am considering getting a Jazz Vti-S factory bodykit. I've heard they come painted and are basically bolt on, which would save on the paint/fitting costs.
    Whats your opinons? Should I go with a factory or an aftermarket kit? I like the Mugen lip kit but I really want a front bar that comes with places to put the OEM fog lights (and I like the style of the Vtis kit). I've heard stories of aftermarket kits being a nightmare to fit requiring major work to get them smooth with the body line, costing major $$$ to fit. Anyone else has this decision to make? What did you end up doing?
    Does anyone have the VtiS front bar lying around that they want to get rid of?

Also what do you think of door sills? I was previously looking to buy some mugen door sills but ended up getting the light up (blue) ones. I bought both the 'Jazz' and the 'Fit' ones. Im keeping the 'Jazz' ones so if anyone is interested in the 'Fit' ones PM me.

Just one more quick question... Jazz wheel stud pattern is 4x100 am I correct?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex 3
    Hello all,

I am considering getting a Jazz Vti-S factory bodykit. I've heard they come painted and are basically bolt on, which would save on the paint/fitting costs.
    Whats your opinons? Should I go with a factory or an aftermarket kit? I like the Mugen lip kit but I really want a front bar that comes with places to put the OEM fog lights (and I like the style of the Vtis kit). I've heard stories of aftermarket kits being a nightmare to fit requiring major work to get them smooth with the body line, costing major $$$ to fit. Anyone else has this decision to make? What did you end up doing?
    Does anyone have the VtiS front bar lying around that they want to get rid of?
    what yr of ur jazz?
    then get the factory kit..."modulo"

Just one more quick question... Jazz wheel stud pattern is 4x100 am I correct?
    Thanks!
    yes

u can get the mugen bodykits (front and rear lips, side skirts, grille and top rear spoiler)... they have the ABS rubber material (same material as the oem vtis and modulo)... also straight bolt on, not painted however.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    u can get the mugen bodykits (front and rear lips, side skirts, grille and top rear spoiler)... they have the ABS rubber material (same material as the oem vtis and modulo)... also straight bolt on, not painted however.....
    With Mugen you can actually request from the MUGEN factory to delivery it painted. They got all the Honda colours available.

Word of warning regarding the 2005 VTiS front bar. It doesn't come painted from Honda. Its classified as spare parts meaning not painted cause people that buy spare parts are either Smash Repair companies or mechanic workshops. Oh and... when you order the front bar it's only the front cover... no clips, no grill, no foglights... just the front cover (or front bar if you want to call it that)

All The Honda optional accessories (aka MODULO) comes painted.

I already inquired about it from Honda cause I'm going to be doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ^CarBoy^
    With Mugen you can actually request from the MUGEN factory to delivery it painted. They got all the Honda colours available.

Word of warning regarding the 2005 VTiS front bar. It doesn't come painted from Honda. Its classified as spare parts meaning not painted cause people that buy spare parts are either Smash Repair companies or mechanic workshops. Oh and... when you order the front bar it's only the front cover... no clips, no grill, no foglights... just the front cover (or front bar if you want to call it that)

All The Honda optional accessories (aka MODULO) comes painted.

I already inquired about it from Honda cause I'm going to be doing the same thing.
    sorry... wat i mean non genuine mugen kits but the best quality... price wise also very very good....

Member Array
    get aftermarket ones! factory is nice but there are too many around already
    get something simple and different

or
    stick with the factory kit, put 18" on and dump it...
    MODSTER Motorsport
    visit www.modster.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    MB C200 and FN2R
    lol 18"

i'm having troubles now after putting 16" and dumping it

aftermarket replica bumpers

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    of course real things are good but the price is "too" good too. i guess not for everyone.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz Vti
    thanks for the replies guys,

my jazz is a 2003 model. i've got the stock vti alloys but im thinking of buying my old mags back from a mate of mine (15 inch which is big enough for a jazz I think). I've had a look at some of the bodykits available from the forums and some others on firesport etc and they all look like dodgy replica kits. Im after a nice fitting kit which needs little if no modification (less headaches). The stock vtis kit is pricey but cheaper than a genuine mugen kit. What im really looking for a is good balance between price and fitting. Which ones would you recommend from experience?

Also, whats the difference between the stock vtis and the modulo kits? Is that just a name for it?

cheers
    Last edited by T-Rex 3; 22-08-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    thanks for the replies guys,

my jazz is a 2003 model. i've got the stock vti alloys but im thinking of buying my old mags back from a mate of mine (15 inch which is big enough for a jazz I think). I've had a look at some of the bodykits available from the forums and some others on firesport etc and they all look like dodgy replica kits. Im after a nice fitting kit which needs little if no modification (less headaches). The stock vtis kit is pricey but cheaper than a genuine mugen kit. What im really looking for a is good balance between price and fitting. Which ones would you recommend from experience?

Also, whats the difference between the stock vtis and the modulo kits? Is that just a name for it?

cheers
    The Modulo kit for the 2003 Jazz is nice!!! get that man. they still available at Honda.