Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    post #129 updated
    Just got the update from Andre! I can't wait! I'll be ordering the s2k cmc tonight but which clutch line kit do we use for the k20?

Do you have an Instagram account?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hialeahzbg View Post
    Just got the update from Andre! I can't wait! I'll be ordering the s2k cmc tonight but which clutch line kit do we use for the k20?
    Best bet is to actually measure what line you need once everything is in the car and grab a -3AN Earl's Speed-Flex Line from Jegs or Summit and a suitable fittings.

Or you can make up your own hard line and double flare the ends.

Do you have an Instagram account?
    No sorry

Does anyone know the length of the clutch line for a k20 swap? I wanna get everything ordered

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Does anyone know the length of the clutch line for a k20 swap? I wanna get everything ordered
    Easiest way to check is to use an old throttle cable or similar to measure on your actual car.

As a starting point off the firewall, the CMC line fitting sits about 3” to the right of the brake booster, and almost centered with the booster in height.

Earls 3AN Straight to Banjo Speed-Flex Lines only come in 16”, 18”, 24” and 36”, so you might need to use 3AN Straight to Straight Speed-Flex Lines as they have a lot more options for length.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Does anyone care to write a review on this product?
    SSpamily

This thing is I still don't have the motor up on the crx yet as the rhd is in the process of being welded on so theres no way I can measure at this point.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Does anyone care to write a review on this product?
    Yeah would be good to get some feedback.
    Any improvements on the instructions required, ease of install (although dash stuff is never fun), quality of the kit met your expectations etc.

This thing is I still don't have the motor up on the crx yet as the rhd is in the process of being welded on so theres no way I can measure at this point.
    Yeah right, that makes it a little more difficult. Considering you live in the US and have both Jegs and Summit at your door step, just wait till everything is installed.
    Only way to be sure of the length required.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Easiest way to check is to use an old throttle cable or similar to measure on your actual car.

As a starting point off the firewall, the CMC line fitting sits about 3” to the right of the brake booster, and almost centered with the booster in height.

Earls 3AN Straight to Banjo Speed-Flex Lines only come in 16”, 18”, 24” and 36”, so you might need to use 3AN Straight to Straight Speed-Flex Lines as they have a lot more options for length.
    I wouldn't waste my time with -3 adapters and such, I just had a custom length of braided hose made for my car (K24 in EF8 but with my own hydro clutch conversion) with the correct 10mm inverted flare on one end and 10mm banjo on the other to go on to the clutch slave.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time with -3 adapters and such, I just had a custom length of braided hose made for my car (K24 in EF8 but with my own hydro clutch conversion) with the correct 10mm inverted flare on one end and 10mm banjo on the other to go on to the clutch slave.
    If you don't mind sharing, what did that set you back? Guessing it was done by Enzed or Pirtek?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    If you don't mind sharing, what did that set you back? Guessing it was done by Enzed or Pirtek?
    Couldn't say precisely, as I had the hose guy do some hoses for my electric-hydraulic power steering setup at the same time. Price for PS hoses + clutch hose was around $300, so I'd expect around $50-100 for the clutch hose by itself. Done by a local independent on-site automotive hose guy, he's a bit older and always seems to have the solution to a hose dilemma.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    You can get a line made by Hel locally for $69 + postage, built to your specs.

http://www.helperformance.com.au/build-your-own/

you'd probably have to email them about the inverted flare tho as I dont see any listings online for it.
    OEM parts whore