Threaded View

Now you've hit my soft spot with my zed even though I don't agree with your other statement. That aside.

Thread Hijack Warning

The Z. Warning I'm not a purist and my 260Z is a 2+2.
    Buick 3800 V6 mounted very low and completely at the back of the engine bay. No power steering no aircon, also shaved and mounted the coil pack almost in the gearbox tunnel to get it out of the way. T5 gearbox for the moment with stock clutch and flywheel. I want a T56. I used an older T5 so I had to convert it from cable to hydraulic clutch just because I hate cable clutch. That said ran the same T5 series in a 400HP '38 Chev with no issues.
    A pair of high mounted CT12A Turbos with an intercooler, Xr6 turbo injectors 42 in lb (known as big green injectors), 600 hp fuel pump and Turbosmart rising rate fuel regulator to match the injectors. All the pipe work has been hand built by me and my mate. He is a much better welder than I so I cut and he welded. In the end came up with equal length runners for each header pipe to the turbos. Only 2.5 inch exhaust from the dump for the moment and internal waste gates. Does the job.
    Modified ECU from a VP commodore. Got love an ECU with EPROM, 2 Bar MAP sensor. remote mounted oil filter, engine mounted (ie on the actual fuel rail) fuel pressure gauge for tuning, VY Commodore radiator and thermo fans, plus all the other little bits and pieces in a mod of this type like moving everything in the engine bay to a new home, vacuum canister charcoal canister, etc
    S12 Hilux calliper front brakes, R31 skyline rear disc brake conversion (before it became popular), have a complete set of Z32 brakes i'm thinking of modifying in. Approved stainless flex lines for the brakes. Running coupe shocks, they have less travel then 2+2 ones and suit lowered springs (1 inch). Adjustable radius arms, urethane steering column coupling, urethane tie rod boots, adjustable sway bar end links most other bushes are replaced stock ones. This is still a street car and too stiff means it will break traction on a road built by NSW government. Just making it sharper and with improved body balance for braking.
    Surprisingly still running a stock diff, though custom lightened tailshaft, needed a custom job so why not get a nice light unit.
    Near stock interior and near stock gauges.

And I've typed this all at 4am as I can't sleep so hope it makes sense.
    Last edited by Shaddow; 16-02-2017 at 03:14 AM.