Thread: B18C7 into GSi

Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Beeza, that is not the way to do it matey.

It's very obscure and far from ideal. I would not trust the comments in a strange youtube video to tell you how to properly carry out something as important as an engine overhaul...

This is really information that you will find in books and proper articles about rebuilding, such as the SA designs book on rebuilding B series or some of the articles on websites like evans tuning which is why I advise you do some extensive research yourself, since the information is out there for you. That's how I got all my info when I rebuilt my B18 so there's no reason why you can't.

I was really trying to avoid spoon-feeding but none the less, here's the issue with this method you're suggesting. As a matter of fact, piston rings will always require break-in. They will always have high spots on them that need to be worn down during this process, and that's exactly what honing is for. To give the piston rings an abrasive surface to wear against. Getting the break-in process right is a huge deciding factor in whether your rebuilt engine is going to perform well or chug oil.

The tl;dr is:

New piston rings = honed cylinder walls. Always. It's never recommended to try and take dodgy shortcuts just to save having to pull the block from the car.

Now can we please stop clogging up this poor guys thread lol
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 26-05-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015