Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civic Clutch

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    yeah I got EXEDY HD (single disc) Clutch Kit from Leo (HONDAR) for $340 and was $330 to have installed.. plus $35 for HONDA MTF.. that was for B16A but price will be $600-700 all up i'd say.

BTW, OEM clutch is like $400+ so IMO better to get a 'sports' type aftermarket item for less or the same.

and always use HONDA MTF !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    is LEO (hondar) in melboune? Can I get his contact? if it is 600-700....it sound good!!!
    is it better to change other things at the same time to save some labour cost later on?
    anyother things is the best time to change when I change the clutch?

Member Array
    Car:
    Em1
    Leo HondaR is JDM Concept in the trader section... his located in sydney but send him a email im sure he can hook u up...
    not sure wat its called but i heard that theres a seal that u should replace even if it still looks ok... if that seal goes ur lookin at relatively same labour cost as changin the clutch...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ek
    Have you had it replaced yet? Normally, clutches dont just go like that. Unless the pressure plate collapses or something. If its the clutch plate, then it will slip when changing gears and when you boot it.

If the clutch just goes ike that, it could also be the clutch slave / master cylinder.
    hey mate yeah ive replaced it. turned out to be the master cylinder not sure exactly what happened dad got the work done for me i had uni so he talked to the guys who did the work. he just said the master cylinder went or somethin not exactly sure hes got no idea at all bout cars or anythin. all he could remember was the guy said somethin about the master cylinder

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Do you want Ogura clutch? or OS Giken? Super Single clutch set...

1350aud...used for 2 days...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ?! i paid 150 labor to change a clutch.... are these honda service station prices u guy guys are qutoing? 330 for labor wtf?`

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    [QUOTE=Sitwy]is LEO (hondar) in melboune? Can I get his contact? if it is 600-700....it sound good!!!QUOTE]

I'm in Perth and the Clutch Kit arrived from Leo 3 days after I made payment.
    $600-700 was clutch pressure plate, clutch friction disc, KOYO clutch release bearing, Labour and HONDA MTF.

I dont recommend buying used clutches.. if you want to mortgage your house and buy full race clutch like OS Giken etc, you might as well buy a new item.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Green '96 EK4
    sorry to hijack the thread but can anyone make any recommendations to get my clutch changed in sydney? preferably this week or the next?

my poor ek4 clutch is pretty gone
    friction points way up the top and i just don't feel the bite anymore