Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

[CD5] Rear Seat water leak!!

hey guys, just removed my rear seats cos got complaints of it being wet all the time (the side behind the passenger seat). any ways, thought it was a bit of water spillage but turns out theres a leak somewhere. Was driving earlier today without the rear seats (it was raining, windows were closed!) and when i parked i saw to mmy suprise a puddle of water where the seat was wet. Any possible suggestions were the leak is coming from so i can check it? Thanks

lower corner rear glass?
    door seals?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    got some news boys, i took out the boot contents and found that the area where the spare tyre lies was 1/4 full of water!!!! so i took the carpet and everything out, dried it and got my sister to spray water under the car... foudn out that water is coming through lil gaps on the side *cries*.. guess its silicone time lol.

don't use silicone used for houses. I talked to a guy who does windows and tint and he said that silicone is acidic, and eats into paint and windows, making things worse. you need the proper stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    cant i use general purpose silicone? where can i get the good sh*t? thanks dude.

i dunno man... i was just told that. why not try autobarn.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    so tehre were two areas that were leaking.. one nea the qrt panel - got that sealed!! but theres water coming in where my rear lights are. seems that they are getting in on the edges of the light. u think i can silicone this? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Accord VTi
    yes, but then chances are you wont be able to get the lights out, ever, without breaking the silicone and thus reopening the leak...