Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dont phillips have a one year warrenty on their globes? thats what the guy at autobarn told me. just bring the reciept back together witht he blown globe and get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR
    Has anyone else had a similar problem, i.e. the headlight bulb always blowing on one side and/or short life out of the Philips?
    Yes. I have exactly the same problem - my drivers side bulb goes on avaerage every 6 months....But I use the cheap-ass $30 Autotechnica specials from supercheap.....I might wait until I sort out this problem before getting the more expensive Phillips ones.

Are the Phillips ones really worth that much?? Do they give better night vision, etc?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    get some enons man LOL.

seriouslyt check all neighbooring conections for faults. that COULD be a prob OR phillips r crap
    oh wrd!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti-R
    agreed with egsi

Quote Originally Posted by Rowie
    I always wipe down the globes every month or 2 with metho just be be sure they are grease free, when I am using good quality globes. My drivers side super white globes were blowing every couple months, and now after wiping it down every now and then, its still going strong after 12months.
    this is an excellent tip.

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon
    dont phillips have a one year warrenty on their globes? thats what the guy at autobarn told me. just bring the reciept back together witht he blown globe and get a new one.
    They do? I honestly have no idea. I bought these overseas, so maybe I'll ask around to see if such a warranty does exist or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DomenEK
    Yes. I have exactly the same problem - my drivers side bulb goes on avaerage every 6 months....But I use the cheap-ass $30 Autotechnica specials from supercheap.....I might wait until I sort out this problem before getting the more expensive Phillips ones.

Are the Phillips ones really worth that much?? Do they give better night vision, etc?
    Yeah, weird isn't it? I've never had a blown headlight bulb on the passenger side, never!

From my experience alone, no, the Philips aren't worth that much, considering that I got two blown bulbs in a year. Until I can identify a potential problem with my driver's side headlight assembly, I'm blaming the Philips .

As to whether they really do give better night vision, it's quite debatable. They do look much better than the normal halogens though.

Quote Originally Posted by egSi
    seriouslyt check all neighbooring conections for faults. that COULD be a prob OR phillips r crap
    Thanks for the advice man. Any idea how I would go about checking all neighbouring connections for faults? Would I be better off getting my mechanic to do it?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR
    Thanks for the advice man. Any idea how I would go about checking all neighbouring connections for faults? Would I be better off getting my mechanic to do it?
    pfft mechanics wont give a ****.

get out ur manual man and get off ur ass and have a look!!

get in the engine bay and look for lose/coreded connections etc!! anything that would lower the integrity of ur electrical system.

man i swear its the phillips
    oh wrd!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG (95) Civic VTi Hatch
    Can i ask the question, has anyone with this problem looked at improving the electricals involved with the lights before adding better/more powerful bulbs. I bought my civic and the plastic connectors had melted into some sort of weird blob shape in the past. Because of this, i had the same on/off problem associated with a bad connection. Spoke to an auto-electrician who told me that honda's are touchy with electricals, and quoted me $180 to improve all associated wiring to fix the problem, and allow fitment of heavy duty bulbs.....

Moral, none.
    I still got one winking headlight, i've learnt to love it like a son

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    rewire it yourself man, its not hard
    oh wrd!