Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi everyone,

i know this question has been asked before, but i'm new here and wondering if someone could tell me, when or how do i know that vtec has kicked in for a auto DC5. Thanks

vti-2 edit: updated title

this is definite a question for Tofu<kekekekeke>

btw search under username "Tofu" my hazy memory tell me he has made a comment abt it in the past

Thanks Eknine, i tried but couldn't locate anything. I guess i'm trying to work out if o got ripped off (being a second hand car.) Any assistance would be much appreciated

Thanks again ek9, still unsure of when or how vtec kicks in...

Just spoke with a Honda technican he's says i should feel a "surge" between 4-4.5K or even 4.8K.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    I somehow doubt that you got ripped off.....its not that easy to 'steal da vtec' and chuck it in another car!

You will probably notice the vtec 'kicking in' as a slight change in engine note and a slight increase in gradient of the power delivery.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    load up your car with 4 of your mates and then floor it. You should feel it pull harder after about 5000RPM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    just another quick question, how much do you normaly rev your car to to try and feel VTEC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowie
    load up your car with 4 of your mates and then floor it. You should feel it pull harder after about 5000RPM.
    LOL! Funniest reply i've read in a while.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowie
    LOL! Funniest reply i've read in a while.
    :P

Apparently it works :?

haha! Yeah, and apparently when VTEC kicks in you get this big shove in your back. :P