Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned Array
    I read somewere and I think it was from OzHonda, that the new DC5 R ECU is the smartest ECU in the world, because it can change its lift control or something depending on air temperature, engine temp, engine rpm and some other crap (crap=good). Meaning that as a result of this it has the best emision controls but can sacrifice performance.

i dunno about that... i reckon bmw must have some pretty fancy schmantzy stuff.

they incorporate variable cam phasing and manage to get by without a throttle body, instead using some sort of variable intake valve lift control to regulate airflow. afaik it's a totally new system of valvetrain design.

it's all ever so complicated for simpletons like myself :P

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    you can pack as much as you want in an ECU not just hondas as long as you have sensors to give inputs and the ECU prpgrammed to do what ya like. There are other ECUs out there with heaps more intell. than the honda.

i think the intelligence is more in the software behind it...

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    i think the intelligence is more in the software behind it...
    Yes.

Basically the ability to detect outside conditions (such as load and driver input via the TPS) and to adjust engine performance to suit.

Porche use a technology called Vario cam where the Cam shaft slides such as to give a smoother transition from low cam to high cam. Maybe thats what you are reffering to as opposed to BMW's Double Vanos.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu
    yah....i-Vtec kicks ass..
    VVT-i KICKS ASS

Oh wait, this is a honda forum, Go i Vtec

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit

Doing standard bolt ons won't change the point at where these power curves overlap. So contrary to popular belief, installing a VTEC controller and bringing in the VTEC cutover point earlier on in the rev range won't give you more power, cos at that point, the high rpm cam lobe is producing less power than the low rpm cam lobe!

I hope that makes sense.
    sorry to blabble on, its hard to explain it in a short paragraph hehehe

Chris

I heard about the VTEC controller issue too, the factory setting is tuned for optimum performance in the VTEC engine. But then again, if controllers don't work, why are people still buying and Apexi still making them?

I've ordered one already... and my friend has it on his already and the car not only response with more grunt on the lower end but definately more linear delivery of HP....

I AM CONFUSED!!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    CAPS LOCK WARRRIOR TIME

VAFC'S ARE USED MOSTLY TO TUNE THE MOTHER****ING AIR:FUEL RATIO, NOT TO PLAY WITH THE GODDAMN HI CAM ENGAGEMENT POINT

****ing sick of the same shit being said about VAFC's. ****ing noobs, ****ing read up, don't be a dipshit

/rant over

Delete or censor if you must, but I am so sick of the same dumb shit being posted about what is pretty much a good product for its money. People who spread uninformed crap are pains in everyone's asses

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I don't know if it was being directed at me...

Sorry dude IF I have offended you.. I'm just trying to find out things but if it's the sort of forum that people get worked up just because I'm a F***king noob and dipshit.. then I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong forum to learn..

Have a Nice Day... Nice knowing all of you...

Good night...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

EuroAccord13 don't worry abt it mate....ppl just come to whore<laffz>
    it be good if everyone try the search function a lil within the forum , i'm only saying because there may be info somewhere...and well like most we are all lazy to read thru all and wants on-demand power like we want from our cars...so since we drive VTECs, we don't really have on-demand power...so i guess on-demand infos something do crack an egg on repeated Q&As....

just hang around and soon you will breeze thru the culture, but what do i know...i'm the jack of post whores<kekekekeke>

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    CAPS LOCK WARRRIOR TIME

VAFC'S ARE USED MOSTLY TO TUNE THE MOTHER****ING AIR:FUEL RATIO, NOT TO PLAY WITH THE GODDAMN HI CAM ENGAGEMENT POINT

****ing sick of the same shit being said about VAFC's. ****ing noobs, ****ing read up, don't be a dipshit

/rant over

Delete or censor if you must, but I am so sick of the same dumb shit being posted about what is pretty much a good product for its money. People who spread uninformed crap are pains in everyone's asses
    My post was in regards to the Field's VTEC Controller.
    that does has the ability to change the VTEC crossover point.

Euro. Vtec controllers are useful when you pop open the engine and you start playing with cams and such where the characteristic and the powerband of your engine starts to change, then the stock VTEC crossover point may no longer be the optimal point of crossover.

Regards,
    Chris

changing the Vtec x-over point it not the be it or end all, there are still alot for consideration........ohhh well nvm <kekekekeke>

Quote Originally Posted by VTEC16
    when are you guys going to learn??? :twisted:
    VTEC16, mate lend me the above ?...if you have any objection,will return it back to u so you can get +1 post