Exhaust Note EPA YAY

I've had my muffler on the car for 2.5 years, been pulled over by the cops to check my car our, even been asked to park my car and had a full inspection when at a booze bus stop off and they have never had a problem with the noise.
    Now recently (today) i just recieved a letter for EPA that some cop "heard" my car and decided to just give one out, maybe cos his women wasn't giving him some loving.... i donno... this is BS.

Thing that peevs me off is i have to pay $34 to get it tested, even if it's at a legal dB or not.

So the technical side (cos this in the tech section). Is there a cheap way to temporarily silence the muffler?

Or will some kind sole who owns a dc2 lend me the end of their muffler for just for one day.

Or another tech question. will a 2000 model gsi muffler bolt straight onto a 1994 vtir muffler?

remember that ANY fines that a police officer can give you - it is always at the discretion of the individual. So , count yourself lucky for the last 2.5 years you havent been caught

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    it might not have been a cop,

someone rang up bout me... i got the letter. But tuffy mufflers checked mine for free.

i then found out who rang and made some complaints to the EPA bout how his car was blowing "heaps" of black smoke
    Ctrl + W

Yeah, more likely someone dobbed you in.

I know on motorbikes you can put a spud in the end of the exhaust to reduce the noise. A spud is not a real potatoe but just an end piece. Staintuned supply them with all their bike exhausts.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    it's probably best to buy a standard dc2 muffler, then you have a spare so that if you ever get caught agian... you can change back!