Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Supercharged DC5R
    Dc5rs respond better to mods than dc2r's do.. but all in all the Dc5r is a more comfortable daily driver in its stock form. When modified it can easily compete, and in my mind out-compete a DC2r.

But you have to choose your mods wisely, modding the car can sometimes result in alot of money changing hands, but no real performance gains. If your really intereseted, check out www.clubrsx.com, they have a better route for planing your cars life ...

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    yoo mytype..welcome abooard..

i believe u took 'mytype' from the numberplate of a red dc2r..

shame..LMAO JKS my brother got his dc5r for 32k

Member Array
    Car:
    14' GK5 Jazz
    Hi there, I was in the same position as you 1 and half month ago. I had a R33 GTST Series 2 and I wanted to switch it to DC2R or DC5R. But its really hard to find a good condition DC2R, the DC5Rs I've look at is too expansive for a 2nd hand car. So I went and bought a brand new Type S.
    AUDM Type S 154kw vs JDM Type R 162kw, not too much difference.
    About the brembo, I'd go for aftermarket like what FunkyR said.

Much better car for daily driving, use much less fuel than the R33.
    Good luck on finding your HONDA.
    Last edited by SAWAKITA; 17-09-2005 at 09:35 PM.
    2014 HONDA JAZZ VTI-L
    Raemco High Flow Air Filter / KYB Lowfer Sports Kit / HKS silent Hi-Power / WORK Emotion 11R

Quote Originally Posted by jdmlvn
    yoo mytype..welcome abooard..

i believe u took 'mytype' from the numberplate of a red dc2r..

shame..LMAO JKS my brother got his dc5r for 32k

yeh his a mate of mine, jason.. havent seen him for a while though.. i moved outa that area and havent seen him around since but didnt his dc2r get Confiscated and auctioned off?.. great plate though, im gonna ask him if his still got em, mayb der for sale

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Type S is awesome. Beats DC2R and DC5R in every single aspect.
    No idea why people complained when Honda Australia replaced DC5R with Type S. It's a much better car for the money.

Well next motor magazine they put a DC2 DC5 and type S back to back and on track. The times were suprisingly very close... keep ur eyes out for it....

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    No idea why people complained when Honda Australia replaced DC5R with Type S. It's a much better car for the money.
    It really depends what your after, i recently purchased an 02 dc5R and i did drive the type s but it is a softer car compared to the dc5r. the seats suck compared to the recaros in the R gear shift doesn't feel as nice little things like that and coming from the r33 you'll enjoy the dc5r. and don't worry about the compare to the jdm dc5 cause ours is still wicked to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    every single aspect? please enlighten us...and u can start with the gearbox
    arrowz
    SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by JINRAI
    every single aspect? please enlighten us...and u can start with the gearbox
    ditto

"i want it to put a smile on my face around a bendy road"...

DC5r is the right car for you then
    In stock form they will smash any FWD rumor u have heard in terms of grip, handling and performance. Go the DC5r all the way

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 dc2 vti-r
    fantastic handling from the integra series. but as a previous owner of both a dc2 and a r33, i feel that its easier to handle the r33 (rwd) around mountain passes and tight corners, and IF you do spin out, it'll be easier to counter.. whereas if you were to spin out in a FWD, good luck.. (personal experience ( )

R33 easier than ur DC2 around mountain passes and tight corners and easier to get out of a RWD spin?? guess it's all personal I guess.... most ppl would find the opposite...