Trust me, NRMA is worst
    basicly they dont let you do annything

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by me_kevinly
    Trust me, NRMA is worst
    basicly they dont let you do annything
    I had a E36 BMW before the euro and the best i found was GIO. Even though i wa 20 when i bought it they said 'do whatever you want just keep it legal'.
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

yeah
    but although i drive the car
    my family paids for insurance
    and they dont let me change,
    or else i will change to just car

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I really recommend that if you guys are worried about whether your rims or tyres are legal - speak to a reputable tyre shop before purchasing rims or tyres.

There are published guidelines that reputable tyre shops will have regarding every possible tyre size and rim size combination that is recommended/legal for the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    I really recommend that if you guys are worried about whether your rims or tyres are legal - speak to a reputable tyre shop before purchasing rims or tyres.

There are published guidelines that reputable tyre shops will have regarding every possible tyre size and rim size combination that is recommended/legal for the Euro.
    Might aswell go straight to the law makers themselves
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I dun know why they are so stern on even the smallest of mods, ie wheels, sound system...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    It's quite simple from their point of view: wheels and stereos are more likely to be stolen, which they'll have to pay out on. Oversize wheels can also be a safety issue (may come into contact with suspension/steering components) and performance mods mean that you're likely driving the car in a manner which may increase the possibility of an accident...

Considering that males under 25 have a considerably higher accident rate than any other group on the roads, they're probably within their rights...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    Thats what i thought aswell, it makes sense. Thats why its safe to stick to a 18 x 7.5, what company are you with Entity?
    i am with AAMI.. please understand the difference in what i am saying lol

i am not disputing whether 18x7.5 is 'legal', i agree it is legal...

what im worried about is what my insurance classifies it..

if you said you rang them and they said that 1" wider is still accessory then i am very confused because i was told differently by a girl who sounded like she had answered the question before (very firm on response)

i am hoping 1" wider is still accessory so i can get some suspension and still be within the bounds of my policy.. because finding 18X6.5 is going to be a pain in the ass... especially with the right offset.

i will ring them again and get back to you haha, thanks for helping guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity
    i am with AAMI.. please understand the difference in what i am saying lol

i am not disputing whether 18x7.5 is 'legal', i agree it is legal...

what im worried about is what my insurance classifies it..

if you said you rang them and they said that 1" wider is still accessory then i am very confused because i was told differently by a girl who sounded like she had answered the question before (very firm on response)

i am hoping 1" wider is still accessory so i can get some suspension and still be within the bounds of my policy.. because finding 18X6.5 is going to be a pain in the ass... especially with the right offset.

i will ring them again and get back to you haha, thanks for helping guys

I made sure i asked 3 times with 3 different people and got the same answer 3 times

If you get it again, ask for the persons name