Thread: Which Amp?

Which Amp?

Hey guys, would you get the JAYCAR 4 ch amp or the audison Sx3? To power 6 1/2" splits and sub. I'm thinking getting the jaycar cause of the price i think around $250. Wats the diff between the two?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Do you have any specs on the two amps? Jaycar is obviously the cheaper option as it is more of a 'generic' product.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Accord VTI
    the JayCar amp is probably a better make for quality to tell you the truth

if you wanna run just splits of an amp i would suggest the 2x150w JayCay amp, much more punch for splits, but if you go teh 4 channel amp you can use that for subs later on, and use the HU channel for splits

[DCOORD]
    [JDM][VIP]

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DR33M
    Have you used audison products? I'm a bit perplexed about the current obsession with jaycar products and as to why you'd compare the two, they're in two different leagues. If you want bang for buck sure, buy the jaycar amp. If it were me I'd be buying the audison.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    jaycar better than the italian audison? I highly doubt that, not dissing jaycar, but Audison is in a different league, the Sx3 is a great amp if u wanna run front splits and sub, it is reasonably small in size and packs massive power,2 ohm stable as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    Hi JDMCIVIC,

I would listen to both Amps if I were you... Price might be a difference but so is sound quality.

The Audison you mentioned looks more versitile as it has the room for expantion, you might start with the one sub and decide you want another. the Audison will allow you to do this at a 2ohm load wich is pretty nifty.

I would go for the Audison personally.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    It's debatable as to weather amps sound different (it's been done to death elsewhere, quick google will give heaps of info). I'd like know how you suggest comparing amps sq?
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DR33M
    Interesting 'truth'...

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Accord VTI
    thats fair enuff guys, if you wanna compare and give hte brand name amp a god review than i would like to have a play with one to compare, as im yet to have a go with audison.

But there is a good reason why so many cars in australia currently using the JayCar amps in SPL and now SQ comps and winning.. for about 4 months a JayCar sponsored car from QLD help the australian SPL record, which is quite a big call!

Im not knocking any brand because quality does come at a price, i was simply giving advice to a budget conscience person who wants a good setup

[DCOORD]
    [JDM][VIP]

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BA Falcon XR6
    I agree it's debatable about anything sounding different and I think it's because what may sound good to me may sound crap to anyone else

I have been through four amps in my old car a Power acoustic (came with the car), Boss replaced by a Kenwood and a Cross Fire to power the sub. IMO the Kenwood sounded better and clearer at higher volume over the Boss, which to me made it sound better for my needs which was front stange.

Maybe it's harder to test for SQ which could be why it's not a popular sport in Australia, not as popular as SPL anyway... But maybe I will start a new catagory in Car Audio.... YOSQ (Your Own Sound Quality) In the end you are the one listening to it.

Ok might go the sx3, does Gary's car audio have them or JB? Has ne1 been to GCR? are they better than JB.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by JEZ83L

I have been through four amps in my old car a Power acoustic (came with the car), Boss replaced by a Kenwood and a Cross Fire to power the sub. IMO the Kenwood sounded better and clearer at higher volume over the Boss, which to me made it sound better for my needs which was front stange.
    You'll probably find that's due to the kenwood's higher power-out put (actual power out-put, not what's written on the box. That said I've never used boss equiptment, but I assume it would sound fine in its "happy power range", but go beyond that and, like anything, it will struggle.
    Intentionally Left Blank