Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Accord VTi
    Yeah, after i used lens dye on my front indicators to make them orange, im considering buying regular globes and using green lens dye - should be better for the brightness, but beware of this:

The more you use, the darker the light gets - but if you dont make it a pure green, then you wont get a good orange from the indicator. It's a trade-off

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    You can't have Reverse lights as 'CORNER' indicators... exactly for that reason - they are on the corner and need to be visible from the SIDE of the vehicle - not just the rear.

You're more likely to get defected for having indicators instead of your reverse lights - than probably having red signals. Its much more dangerous - its like having no indicators at all.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos coupe
    yeah get the green globes it wouldn't be amber but pretty close
    Wouldn't RED and GREEN make the indicator flash 'CRAP' Brown?

id suggest YELLOW as simple colour wheel will show you yellow and red make orange.

just my 2 cents.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV & varied
    Too funny,

The joys of purchashing North American market lamps in a non-North American market. These particular lamp models, as described in this thread, are designed for FMVSS108 Regulations that apply Stateside. Australia and the rest of the world follow what are called UN/ECE Regulations.

We for example have side-indicator repeater lamps on fenders, the Yanks do not, and we don't show a red light to the rear-sides that the American market taillights show. AND our rear indicators are not RED, though amber, although it is also an American market 'option' for them. Think of a US tail lamp thus: Red tail, red stop, red rear fog, red indicator, red reflector lol, BUT their reverse function can be white or amber, rivetting isn't it?!! AND our front parkers (sidelights) are not amber a la USA, which for them also flash as indicators!! Our indicators however are amber. . . .

Frankly, the American FMVSS108 tail lamp regulations in particular are ancient, certainly very low class. No offence intended to our American colleagues.

THEREFORE, IF you ever replace any vehicle lamp here in Australia, ensure the replacement lamp bears an E Mark on its lens surface. This will give ADR Compliance for the functions of the lamp you intend to buy.

SOMETIMES an aftermarket tail-lamp for your car will bear a rear fog light compartment-function, which your original AUS spec factory lamp might not. If so, NEVER use that rear fog light as an additional brake-light, this action contravenes ADR49/00 in relation to photometrics (brake-light brightness). You could however, use it for the intended function.

Reading the E codes (for defect potential) is easily done and transport inspectors are increasingly doing this.

Note: I've seen some Altezzla lamps that do bear E Coding, all well and good. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Keepleft; 27-09-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    say what

LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV & varied
    Hey look Rico:-) I kept my response as simple as I could without being too technical....

One needs to read all posts to see why I've done so.

Just in case....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5
    nah it's cool mate, i understood it, just wasn't expection such a response on a forum like this.

bump an old ass thread...

anyone know where to purchase a green indicator bulb that will flash BRIGHT.
    led's will not do the job?