Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The car came out first in Japan as a RHD. So it is the US that needs the swapped model. And as a result, I think they allocated another production line to the LHD models.
    yup.. exactly.. this is something which puzzles me too, when they say then need to 'customise' for RHD

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I bet they are sacrificing the production for other countries and instead satisfying US demands. After all, they are the biggest market.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    come to think of it, could they be referring to 'customisations' needed to make the Legend ADR-compliant?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It could be. But I think to get it ADR complied, they only have to do minor customisations. All the usual such as side impact bars, washers for HIDs and safety requirements such as belt pretensioners for airbags come standard in this new Legend even overseas. So I don't think they would have to do major compliancing when compared to a car from the 1990's for importation.

Looks like the new sonata but bangin spec levels....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I like the SH-AWD and the 300hp engine. 300hp from a 3.5L engine with only SOHC. That's 85.7hp/L (63.9kW/L)!