View Poll Results: what would you do with your CD5??? (engine is stuffed) (each option is around 2-3k)

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get a H22a front cut

23 57.50%
  • get an F22b engine gbox etc, respray and kit the car and lower it

15 37.50%
  • wheels, tyres suspension

2 5.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1994 Accord VTI-S
    no doubt...Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    an accord with JDM h22a will always be faster than a prelude vti-r as a JDM engine is a better engine ( more power) and an accord is a lil bit lighter.

A friend of mine that owns a car yard lent me a manual 99 prelude vti-r while i was doing my engine conversion, i had the car for a few weeks and i can say that while the lude went well, it had nothing on a h22a accord.

Until you guys drive a h22a accord you cant make assumptions on how they perform.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji
    so all the ppl saying spend $4-6k(whatever) so you can beat a commodore/turbo car, when you do it do you think to yourself,

'ahhh, i just beat that guy in a street race, man it feels good that i spent a lot of money to do it'

what's the point? you'll never see the other guy again after those few seconds or maybe you will then you can talk about how you beat him that time, wow. grow up guys. spend the money on something that will benifit you. all those guys that do this kinda crap then crash there cars, i just laugh, you spent all that money to make me feel good in the end.

for a start, you shouldnt stereotype all people that do performance modifications to their vehicles- FYI i have never crashed my car in my 10 years of licenced driving.

secondly, you ask what's the point? well, when the diff in my f22b powered accord broke and got quotes to fix it i thought to myself "why not spenD the extra 2 grand over just fixing what was broken and put a better engine and gearbox in it".

There is no need for engineer's certificates and it doesnt affect insurance premiums unlike fitting turbo kits etc.

Hmm, fitting an engine with an extra 43kw of power over an f22b with only 60000km, an LSD, "real vtec' as opposed to that shitty SOHC variety, an engine that will pull your accord up any hill on the freeway with 3 passengers and luggage and aircon switched on, without having to change out of 5th gear to maintain 110kph all day long .....or taking the car to the drags and running consistant mid 14 second E.T's in street trim all day long.

I dont see why u think that this could not benefit anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    HEMI
    i was going to put a disclaimer in my post to cover the sensible ppl like you. I would also do the conversion if i was in the same situation but beating others in the street or 1/4 mile times wouldn't be part of my reason for doing it. i agree if your motors gone may as well replace it with a better one.

i was mainly aiming it at the young idiots who need to make themsleve feel like men by racing, then blaming the road etc when they crash but actually they were just driving irresponsibly.

just put a H23A in and work the fcuker! or even betta sell it and buy a nissan!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Accord VTi
    I was in a similar situation, my 96 accord Vti was just *&(&^&* in general. Engine was at 192k, auto gearbox had a few issues when cold between 3rd and 4th (wasnt pleasant feeling or sound)

Thing was the car looked nice still, had 17in wheels, and a alpine sound system, so I got the f22b and gearbox replaced. I also had the car raised again so I changed the suspension got some KYBs and new springs, the roads here are bloody shocking so I kinda had to , nothing worse than a scrape.

I didnt go the H22a option, firstly because it was hard to get at a decent price in Perth and also because its hard to know how they have been treated since its such a great engine. Bit of a safer bet with an f22b usually.