Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 05 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by madjace
    so the other intrface you speak of will let you skip the next song and adjust volume etc ? which interface is it ?
    Using the SNHOND3 interface you can already adjust volume via steering wheel, what you cant do is skip tracks and recall playlists.
    There are a couple of add-on interfaces that enable this, such as the Ice Link - http://www.dension.com/icelink_info.htm (ps you still need the snhond3 either way)

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    thanks for that info , if any ones has the hole lot fitted together and working let me know what you think , otherwise i will post pics and stuff when i have it done

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by xframe88
    Using the SNHOND3 interface you can already adjust volume via steering wheel, what you cant do is skip tracks and recall playlists.
    There are a couple of add-on interfaces that enable this, such as the Ice Link - http://www.dension.com/icelink_info.htm (ps you still need the snhond3 either way)
    Take a look at a post I just made in another thread regarding the Dension Ice Link Plus. You don't require the SNHOND3 if you use that product.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455677

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    Nice. But I am too lazy. I think I will just use a FM Transmiter.
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY 03 EURO
    I got a call from a guy @ the car kit company today , he said he has a intrface for the euro called - "connects2". He said it will control tracks & volume - I checked the maufacturers site - www.connects2.com - not sure if this wil work -

Help?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by eurotrash
    I got a call from a guy @ the car kit company today , he said he has a intrface for the euro called - "connects2". He said it will control tracks & volume - I checked the maufacturers site - www.connects2.com - not sure if this wil work -

Help?
    Yeah I got the same answer from him when I asked a while back. I think he deals with Dension worldwide. The dealer I got my Ice Link Plus from deals with Dension USA. They seem to be completely separate companies in terms of the variants of the Ice Link Plus that they sell. All I know, is that it works for me in an Australian Honda Accord Euro.

If The Car Kit Company quotes you a price using the Connects2 adapter for the worldwide version of the Ice Link Plus, and it's cheaper than the I20-HONDA-R3, go for it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY 03 EURO
    He wants crazy $$$ for the "connects2" - $299.00 - Tell him he's dreamin...!!

I know you need an interface to control ipod - but surely you must be able to connect sound only of the wiring harness. Has anyone tried?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by eurotrash
    He wants crazy $$$ for the "connects2" - $299.00 - Tell him he's dreamin...!!

I know you need an interface to control ipod - but surely you must be able to connect sound only of the wiring harness. Has anyone tried?
    Sound only = SNHOND3
    Full control = Ice Link Plus (I20-HONDA-R3 model)

I got my Ice Link Plus from the US for around AUD$260 including shipping. It's gone up US$20 since then, so maybe about $285 now.

I believe it's worthwhile as an alternative to Honda Australia's MP3 CD player option. In fact, it uses the same interface on the headunit, but connects to your iPod instead of providing a second CD player.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/

these guys have just relesed a kit for the honda accord euro that works of the steering wheel controls for those that want to purchase this kit with in australia and not have to buy from overseas ..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Ohhh good stufff!!!!!! Imma gonna try it. Hopefully i dont wreck anything else lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by xframe88
    2. Purchase cheap cigarette power adapter to suit ipod ($14 at Strathfields). Hack into this and bypass the power contacts on the adaper, solder standard figure8 cable to adapters input power rail. Splice into the 12V cable coming into the rear of the euro's cigarette lighter, twist the figure 8 tight around the 12v incoming cable, then solder it together, finally wrap in insulation tape. Then connect the other end of the cable which has the standard ipod style dock connector into the rear of the ipods cradle. (* Note that these cigarette adapters for ipod include a circuit to convert 12v to 5v so do not totally bypass the electronics).
    Actually, as the iPod has to deal with firewire, which as far as I can tell doesn't have a strictly defined voltage (anywhere from 12-18volts) it seems to be fine taking the 12-15 volts from a car system... My 3rd gen 40Gb seemed to charge happily enough wired straight into the 12volt line at the back of the cigarette lighter in my car.... (Haven't tried my 5th gen - I killed the cable I made and haven't got around to making a new one)