Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus-10
    I only run the Spoon front upper and lower bars (along with the coilovers) and it is more than adequate for the street...

Same here, but i am interested in how much extra effect a fender kit would give me under the condition that i have spoon's upper/lower strut bar..

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Not sure....I think Petrovski runs front upper and lower bars along with rear strut bar and rear chassis bar and the fender braces and he is still amazed at how well mine handles compared to his....

But it could be my wheel/tyre combo or my coilover settings or a mix of everything that I managed to get pretty spot-on.

That said, everyone I know that has installed the fender braces has had good things to say about them.

I only run the Spoon front upper and lower bars (along with the coilovers) and it is more than adequate for the street...would probably be enough for the track too! There isn't much that can keep up with me through corners now.

Just ask Petrovski...he loves it too!
    haha, pete was telling me about your setup the other night, i think he was cracking a hard-on the more he told me about it

bought my first chasis bars in hk, i was told from owner of spec r and owner of axis jazz to go bottom chasis bars first, i ended up getting

-SUMMIT Front Four-Points Bars
    -GD1 Sport Development Rear Tie Bars

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Quote Originally Posted by rev-tech
    haha, pete was telling me about your setup the other night, i think he was cracking a hard-on the more he told me about it
    Sounds like it was as good for him as it was for me!

I love corners

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-S
    I thought Pete has aftermarket coilover too?

Not sure....I think Petrovski runs front upper and lower bars along with rear strut bar and rear chassis bar and the fender braces and he is still amazed at how well mine handles compared to his....

But it could be my wheel/tyre combo or my coilover settings or a mix of everything that I managed to get pretty spot-on.

That said, everyone I know that has installed the fender braces has had good things to say about them.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    He does....Zeal Panthers.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    The tein superwagons are awesome and are a stiffer suspension compared to the zeal panthersl. I'm not saying the zeals are bad either - they outhandled a skyline - but my point is i think the teins are better than the zeal's.

As for bars the front lower and upper bars are quite adequate for street with a decent set of tyres.

as for more bars - i guess it depends how hard you want to push a car through the corner. Another thing to remeber is you can stick in as many bars as you want but if the suspension isn't setup (In the jazz's case i mean getting the damper rate/ride height and as i found out on the track even tyre pressure plays a massive part in it too) right it won't be handling at its full potential.

In regards to the fender braces, they are REALLY REALLY EXCELLENT at cutting down understeer. When i put mine in i had the rest of suspension in, so the fender braces were the last to go in. On one particular off-camber corner before i put the fender braces in i could go thorugh it at about 60km/h. After putting them in on the same corner i could push a bit over 80km/h when the wheels started to screech.

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    03' GD3->05' GD3->86' EW5
    so i guess i should go for front and rear upper strut,, and front lower arm bar...

hey jus_10 i thought u had the fender braces didn't u?? or it was petrovski that u tried on.. anyway.. thank you everyone for the response...

oh oh... wat brand is good? haha im thinking of j's racing..
    Last edited by Jazzle; 17-10-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-S
    i think only J's racing has the fender kit

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    Only j's racing has the fender kit.

Be prepared to part with about $450

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    03' GD3->05' GD3->86' EW5
    nono,,, i know only j's racing produces the fender kit

im asking.. wat brand should i look at if im to get a front and rear upper strut and a lower arm bar..... haha sorry for confusion...