Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    is there any way we can just add ampd etc to the stock head unit with out introducing too much noise ?

Quote Originally Posted by ngupil
    i had organized to do a custom job to customize the lower pocket so that an after market head unit can fit in and have a lid on. but it will be done when i'm going back home to indo in a month time, since no one here can do it.

also, the price of the lower pocket compartment is bloody expensive here .. $182 for a plastic box =( honda part and accessories is such a rip off. pretty sure the pocket will be much cheaper too in indo.
    $182! woah... that is such a rip off. I had to get a face plate custom made and it was about the same price and not mass produced plastic... be sure to post some pics up when you get this done in indo to - would love to see how it turns out.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by madjace
    is there any way we can just add ampd etc to the stock head unit with out introducing too much noise ?
    You can. i've changed my front and rear speakers and put an amp in, but i still have my stock head unit. the noise is there when there is a mistake in the installation (like mine ) but the sound quality came out of the speaker will not be as good as if you change the head unit. if i'm not mistakenly wrong, the stock head unit output is 3 volt, and the after market ones are 9 volt.

ngupil... it is fairly common for realtively good aftermarket headunits to have 4-5V preouts whereas entry level ones generally have 2-3V preouts. I think the problem with the stock head unit is that it has no true output, you have to use a line-level output which results in poor sound quality.

Generally speaking you want a headunit with a high preout voltage (like my eclipse cd8051 haha), it has 8v preouts. because the output is so high i can afford to have the gains turned right down on my amps and that means less unwanted noise and better sound quality.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    Generally speaking you want a headunit with a high preout voltage (like my eclipse cd8051 haha), it has 8v preouts.
    Man i wish Eclipse was detach face cause when i was looking.
    I would have got one rather than Alpine 9835.
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

PERTH_EURO - yea i was bit worried not being able to detach the face. but eclipse has this thing where if the headunit is stolen in the first year they give you a new one. which was enuf for me. alpine still a good deck tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    oopss .. sorry about the wrong info. thanks chris for correcting me. i'm still a noob in audio though :P

I think JL audio has new thing that could enhance the sound qualify with stock headunit. this is the web address for the new device http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94

when i asked my installator if this will help the sound quality, he said he still not sure because he never install it before. and he said the price going to be expensive compare to if you buy a head unit.

has anyone got this in their car??

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    i am going to try this , it seems like the answer i have been looking for , just need to find where to buy it in australia