Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

How to Make Taillights REALLY light up

Has neone seen the way in the USA mainly ppl make EK hatch taillights light up both on the TOP and BOTTOM half?

I'm referring to brake lights btw

Question is how do u do this? is it jsut a simple matter of splicing an extra lightbulb into the brake light wire and then drilling an extra hole to put bulb in the talights?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    wtf? dont the eg's have the spoiler brake light already? isnt that wat ur talking about

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    do u have a picture?

I dont know for sure, but i think that modifying brake lights is illegal, especially adding extra lights if they are not standard.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    get highbeams as your tail lights! lol:P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    from what i see on the back of the standard ek tail lights it looks like you could drill a hole for an extra bulb, its got the exact spot already moulded into the plastic for it, as for connecting it wouldnt have a clue, splice it from the top brake light perhaps as u said, if u give it a go show us a pic

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Cxi
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16752

try that

edit:
    you should be able to follow that on how to add the extra connector...
    Last edited by fuzzy; 19-10-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    The bottom half of the EK tail lights is sealed off and only the top half of the tail light is lit. The bottom half is used in Europe as rear fog lights and so they would have a light in the bottom half as well.

I myself have added an extra brake light into the bottom half of my EK tail lights, fairly easy to do (if you know what yo're doing) and haven't been busted or got into trouble by anyone about them. I think it is safe to have this.

The pic in that DIY thread looks just like mine. You could choose to have it on as night driving lights, brake light or both.

If you guys want to do this, I can show you or follow those steps outlines by
    Chartinael.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks i'm going to do it it looks mad