Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 Red 03 Jazz Vti-S
    hey.. i was wondering.. if you have koni shocks and coilover sleaves.. would it put a lot of stress onto the shocks? or should it be ok?

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll just use this one.

Can someone please help answer the following scenario/question.

If you have Koni yellow at highest perch with kings "super low", is that the same shit as having Koni yellow at lowest perch with kings "low" ?

I'm assuming the height will be roughly the same ? Is the sussy movements/mechanics differ in any way ? Like for eg, kings low on koni at lowest perch will bottom out easier than kings super low on koni at highest perch (I'm just making this up).

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by danni_d
    hey.. i was wondering.. if you have koni shocks and coilover sleaves.. would it put a lot of stress onto the shocks? or should it be ok?
    Depends on the design ie. not made in China shitty fit/quality etc, it should be perfectly fine

Quote Originally Posted by elim
    If you have Koni yellow at highest perch with kings "super low", is that the same shit as having Koni yellow at lowest perch with kings "low" ?

I'm assuming the height will be roughly the same ? Is the sussy movements/mechanics differ in any way ? Like for eg, kings low on koni at lowest perch will bottom out easier than kings super low on koni at highest perch (I'm just making this up).
    If you set the Koni's to the lowest spring seat position, the stroke range of the damper will be affected depending on how much it can "extend" out when sitting there with the springs in. Roadworthy rules are such that the damper must have 2/3s of it's stroke room to use... so, if your springs are below the 2/3 mark of the damper "piston" when they're fully extended out... then there will be issues with RWC (Victoria anyway) and depending on how low the springs are, will affect ride quality and the bump stops will hit regularly (if the spring can compress enough... which is a possibility considering the low spring rates of Kings 2-3kg/mm roughly I think?) and... be generally not nice
    It's a bit hard to explain here without actually showing you an actual damper/spring setup. I'm not sure whether the "super lows" or even "lows" are low enough to actually do all this, but it is a possibility, find out what the stock spring seat position is on the Koni's, then measure the "lows" and "super lows" then go from there...?

Oh andddd this I'm not sure of, but Koni dampers I think don't have a "linear" dampening curve... as in, at certain points it may be "harder" and others slightly "softer" (without adjusting the dampers) when the "piston" extends and goes back into the damper body. So take that into account aswell with how low the "piston" extends at "normal" height... buttt I'm not sure, so don't hold my word for it

Basically find a balance between how low you want to go (spring height), spring rate, and stroke room. Oh and don't forget alignment adjustments...! But if you just care if it looks good or not... screw your tyres and handling... I really don't care... just trying to help if you are interested in them I hope that all actually made sense though haha... sorry if it didn't...!
    Last edited by aozora; 31-10-2005 at 02:20 AM.