Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a S2000?

Look at the BMW lineup of engines perhaps?
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    watching gan san kick ass with the s2000 always makes me wanna buy one in the future
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I remember in the first review of the S2000, Gan san said that from all the S2000s, the one he test must have been the worst. It also lost to a DC2R! The newer Best Motorings with the Type V instead is fast, even able to keep up with the M3 coupe (but not overtake). S2000 was faster in the corners but heaps slower in the straight (Gan-san driving)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic
    s2000 is farking hot !i would buy one if my bank account have the funds, who need that much power any way, i bet s2k can pick up more than hsv, and u know u getting a reliable fun car and its a convertible

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    the car is a fun car thats about it..weekend car...not practical in the sense for road trips or stuff like that...its still a great car just depends on what you want to use it for..

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    i don't think the thread starter was comparing the HSV vs S2000, I think he was just talking about the initial power output differences for a similar priced cars.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    I remember in the first review of the S2000, Gan san said that from all the S2000s, the one he test must have been the worst. It also lost to a DC2R! The newer Best Motorings with the Type V instead is fast, even able to keep up with the M3 coupe (but not overtake). S2000 was faster in the corners but heaps slower in the straight (Gan-san driving)
    Whats the difference between normal s2000 and the type V? And whats more, can u get the type Vs in australia? Ive often wondered this but have felt it too much of a noob question lol
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

The Type V model of the S2000 denoted for its VGS (variable gear ratio steering).

The high steering gear ratio realizes sharp movement. However it was hard to maintain the stability when changing lanes. The VGS, based on the rack and pinion type steering, improve both stability and sporty handling by electrically controlling the gear ratio responding to speed and driving conditions. The body weight of the VGS equipped models is 20kg heavier.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ yup, and it also got revised damper, stabiliser bars and LSD to work with the VGS.

So are these type V's available for purchase in australia? Or are they an import job?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I think they were Japan only.

So if theyre just the same thing really with just extra stuff, would it be possible to just buy the individual parts and importing them rather than importing the whole car? Or are aftermarket stuff better anyway?