well would I?

My car is making a funny sound underneath it, right below the car near the gear stick. I dont know how long its been there... but only when i rev the engine u here like a kind of fart noise coming out.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    is it like a puffin noise?
    definitely lose power.

get it sorted!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    If you have an exhaust leak then the isnt enough oxygen passing your O2 sensor, which in turn your ecu will compensate for because it will detect that theres not enough oxygen going into your engine and will throw more fuel into it as a safety measure.

This is known as your engine running rich because the ECU will be running in safety mode, more fuel = cooler engine = less likely to blowup.

When an engine runs rich it WILL lose power and of course fuel economy.

So to answer your question, Yes it will lose power,... but if you are asking will it do any damage then No it wont, cept for sooty bumper and backfiring.

yep

Quote Originally Posted by SiNH

This is known as your engine running lean because the ECU will be running in safety mode, more fuel = cooler engine = less likely to blowup.
    Don't you mean running rich?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim80y

This is known as your engine running lean because the ECU will be running in safety mode, more fuel = cooler engine = less likely to blowup.
    Don't you mean running rich?
    Yeah thats right, sorry I was in a rush. Fixed now.

Moderator - here to help Array
    i have a hole in my exhaust, right before the muffler.
    that wont affect it right? since the hole is clsoe to the tip... only difference i notice is that it sounds like its got an aftermarket exhaust
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

If you have an exhaust leak then the isnt enough oxygen passing your O2 sensor, which in turn your ecu will compensate for because it will detect that theres not enough oxygen going into your engine and will throw more fuel into it as a safety measure.
    Hmm just a question if its actually past its last O2 sensor then it shouldn't make any diff then right??