Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Toyota and Lexus charge just under $5000 for their touch screen Sat nav system... I found it is the most user-friendly system on the market. I hope Honda Australia can do even better than Toyota in both cost and practicality.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34
    Wonder if it will be possible to fit to an older models. I know they won't be cheap if they come in ...but at the trade price I get at a honda dealer ...I may have to look into it.
    That is an interesting question - physically it seems to just replace the entire centre console including stereo so it is probably possible. Perhaps one hardware area that might be an issue is a link to the ECU (as it has that fuel consumption computer). So whether or not it connects to pins we already have (ie plug and play) or whether it is a totally different ECU - don't know.

Sometimes small differences bring these sorts of ideas crashing down. Noel on TSX club tried to find out whether a Canadian TSX instrument cluster would fit the Euro. He ultimately discovered that whilst the assembly was the same size, etc - the plugs at the back of the assembly are a totally different shape.
    Last edited by yfin; 01-11-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Guys

A couple of you know that I am about to buy an Sti and want a sat nav solution that can work in the Sti and teh accord.

I am about to buy a Navman ICN520 which RRPs for $895 and works extremely well. You can move it between cars and even use it whilst walking around for the ultimate in geekery. Further to the above you can't sync your accord with your puter and update maps, contact, red light camera positions etc which you can with the navman as well as most other handheld GPS units

I think paying 3000+ for sat nav in this day and age is a big waste; factory fitted or not (the navman comes with a nice dashboard mount)

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    I agree....a portable one is a much better option.

QUOTE=euro1978]Guys

A couple of you know that I am about to buy an Sti and want a sat nav solution that can work in the Sti and teh accord.

I am about to buy a Navman ICN520 which RRPs for $895 and works extremely well. You can move it between cars and even use it whilst walking around for the ultimate in geekery. Further to the above you can't sync your accord with your puter and update maps, contact, red light camera positions etc which you can with the navman as well as most other handheld GPS units

I think paying 3000+ for sat nav in this day and age is a big waste; factory fitted or not (the navman comes with a nice dashboard mount)[/QUOTE]

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    my friends parents recently bought a jeep grand cherokee. That came with GPS and it was a handheld one as well. not sure whether it was navman or wat, but yeah portable is nice to have.

BUT

for me personally, i was going to get a headunit grade by chucking in an ALPINE IVA-D300E LCD into the centre console and if the satnav option has preouts and can be modified so that it can play DVD's, music, TV and watnot, i think i would get that because the screen would already be integrated into the OEM headunit if u know what i mean.....
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    as yfin pointed out, there are lots of other things involved by non-navi and navi... like the plugs, fuel computers etc... oh. also do not forget you need a space to place your GPS receiver and map(DVD) reader...
    but the good thing about factory fitted navi is that its designed specifically for the model and its backed up by the company...
    as for the portable navi, i found that mio also has good products and i think its worthwhile to check them out...
    http://www.mio-tech.com.au/

jamchen - you do not need a map reader anymore for devices like the navman and mio.

The devices usually have some sort of memory card or internal storage which holds all the maps. They also all come with dashboard/windscreen mounts so installation is quite rudimentary and I believe the portability outweighs the factory fitment.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    well i was referring to the standard navigation system where u get a screen in dash-board and have a gps receiver and a map reader somewhere in the car to read the map dvd...

don't be lazy guys......use maps or street directories

or don't you guys know how to read a map.

There is a new thing out accordoholic - its called technology - people use it to make their lives easier, and to enjoy wasting their hard earned coin on 'stuff' for novelty value alone.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    man i cant wait to sell these puppies....but we wont get em till we get rid of all the old stock
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    That looks damn nice!

The satnav might not be too useful to me but I wouldn't mind the fuel computer. And the silver console looks great too.