Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic EK1

Boot Light Problem

Hey guys
    Gotta abit of a problem with my 97 cxi civic boot light staying on in the cluster. However the problem in this is that is screwing up my alarm and just today i was driving and my boot actually flew open. i have checked it over and over and slammed it shut as well as i can, however it continues to flicker on and off. i think the problem may be electronic as i know my ground wire for the my amps are connected underneath the boot. Any suggestions

thanks Guyz

well if your boot just flew open it sounds like its your mechanism. The actual mechanism may be stuffed or the little pulley thing next to the driver may have a faulty wire.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic EK1
    yer thats what i thought at first, but the light flickers on and off. if there was a mechanism problem wouldnt it just stay on?
    Last edited by v3rdino; 02-11-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    does it happen when ur car has been out in the rain? is there a build up of water near the rubber seals i?

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic EK1
    nah it has been flickering on and off since i got my system installed, no matter wat the whether

Array
    Car:
    115hp 4stroke yamaha
    i have the EXACT same problem and still havent found the cause... it annoys the shit outta me.
    JdmYard, Team POV!

maybe one of the live wires from your sysyem is touching something that it shouldn't??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    happened to my eg as well... turned out to be a short fused just behind the rear seat
    it was screwing up my alarm as well.. doors wouldn't lock cos it thought a door was open... took it to an electronic car place, fixed it for $20

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    it happend to me once when i was driving all i done is open it n slam it bak down and it was fix

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic EK1
    does anyone know where the cables for the boot light are run in a ek. if i find them i could take a look.