Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 CRX SiR
    I know this is a hell old thread but thought I would ask my question here as it is this topic..

I`m after a replacement filter for the stock box in my 89 SiR CRX. I just want to replace the filter for the moment then will be looking into all the ideas mentioned in this thread as there is some good points in there...

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    Quote Originally Posted by rexi3
    I`m after a replacement filter for the stock box in my 89 SiR CRX. I just want to replace the filter for the moment then will be looking into all the ideas mentioned in this thread as there is some good points in there...
    Trust makes re-usable panel filters for the Civic/CRX. Advan quoted me $63 shipped for my EF3.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR JDM
    But the cooler the air the denser, helping combustion, and thus more power... basically
    Correct - and conversely, by heating air you reduce density and lose power - which is why the best bet is to CAI or mod your existing box - not just to add a rice fan-boi pod that sucks hot air in
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 CRX SiR
    I think what i might do (should of thought of b4 posting) ring up honda/take car in, and find out the exact part code then cross reference the part and see what I can come up with.. So looks like i`ll be doing that monday.. Cheers for the help..

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Go to finer filter - they'll custom make you one. There's also a Jamex one, but the Finer Filter flowed brilliantly for me compared to the stock filter.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Hey rexi3, the factory ef8 panel filter part code is 17220-PW0-000.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 CRX SiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    Go to finer filter - they'll custom make you one. There's also a Jamex one, but the Finer Filter flowed brilliantly for me compared to the stock filter.
    I`m on the gold coast.. So dont think i could?? If i could would you be able to put me in contact with them?? phone number, email??

Member Array
    Car:
    It's all JDM Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlobberGoat
    SiR CRX,
    A question..are you the guy with the black EF8 with the mugen wheels?
    thats me!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    Quote Originally Posted by BSRacer
    thats me!
    LOL @ BSRacer...
    Somehow I find that very unlikely, unless your running CF-48's and like to drive all the way across to Perth for the hell of it...

Member Array
    Car:
    It's all JDM Baby!
    It's a short commute from adelaide I've got mr5s

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    Well then you'd best sell those MR-5's to me then...

Hey all. Im on the lookout for a crx and am intending on doing air flow modifications. I havent seen any of these systems in motion but why couldnt you do an AG job and mount the "power chamber system" or at least a pod to the end of your CAI system. Just stretch it out the the front air dam/intake, just beside the radiator or something. that way you get the compression, density, power, noise and smile?