Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Proud Euro Owner!

[Euro] airbag light

My side airbag light had come on (then off) twice in the past month... not sure if thats thats a bad sign...
    Generally the service dudes won't able to find a fault (cause by the time i bring it in, its probably ok) but when the warrenty expires, the airbag probably won't work anymore!! [Had bad experience with ABS brake sensor in the past with another car]

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    better get service to run a check

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    yeh, dont want that mofo going off randomly now do we

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    I think the airbag light comes on & stays on for a little while when you start the car, but if it comes on in normal driving you have a sensor issue which needs fixing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Proud Euro Owner!
    That happens during driving.
    The issue is that is only came on twice and went off about 2-3 mins and cannot reproduce consistantly. I'm afraid that they will just say "theres nothing wrong"...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    Sounds like you have one of those nightmare issue's. The dealer is your only option & you gotta hope they are in a helpful mood.
    Good luck

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Don't worry. It's a safety issue and therefore they will have to find the problem. Otherwise the car is not roadworthy. Just call them up and tell them your airbag light comes on intermittently while driving. Then they will either tell you to make an appointment to come in ASAP or nothing is wrong (if they do the 2nd one, change dealer). Remember, an airbag system that doesn't work is like having aftermarket seats that do not have side airbags (which is a standard item in the Euro). Hence it is defectable. It is probably in Honda's interest to rectify it as soon as possible.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

nah i think u have the same problem as me. i was told by honda that their ar sensor in the seat and when the weight is not distributed on the back and seat the light turns on. nothing to worry,

Quote Originally Posted by Vtec_inside
    nah i think u have the same problem as me. i was told by honda that their ar sensor in the seat and when the weight is not distributed on the back and seat the light turns on. nothing to worry,
    It's all detailed in the manual. If someone sits awkwardly or blocks the exit point of the airbag then it can light up. If no-one is sitting in the seat then it is prob a fault

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The Airbag light comes on when the sensors in the seat that deploys the side airbags which comes out from the car seat senses load that is deemed unsafe to deploy in an event of an accident.. It's a safety feature to protect the passengers from injury should it deploy... Nothing to worry about... But like the rest said, if it comes on while you are seating properly or there is no passenger.. Better have it checked...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the sensor is triggered and the light comes on, does it mean that the front airbags don't deploy too? Even if it is caused by uneven weight distribution, does that mean that the side airbags will still deploy? I would prefer to get that question answered before shrugging the airbag light off.

Reminds me of my old friend's corolla.
    "Uh, Maggie, your oil light is on"
    "Don't worry lah... It's the disco light! It always flashes on and off"
    *a few weeks later the car does not start anymore*
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Black
    sometimes when i start engine, The Airbag light flashing.