one of my exhaust manifold studs broke (extractors->block)...

what are ur methods for removing such??

i haven't really had time to get round to it, but i was planning on drilling it and then using an allen key to twist it out...

however, i don't know how i'm gonna fit a drill in there

any inexpensive ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3-R
    damn how'd u know it was block?

EDIT: i mean what happen to it?

huh??

it snapped off (well, practically fell off) after i installed a new set of extractors.

i had that happen to me too. i bought one of those screw extractor (they have a more technical name that i don't remember) things from mitre 10.

worked a charm.
    And so it begins...

how much did that set ya back? is it a drill bit kind of thing?

how did ya drill into the block?? doesn't seem like there is much clearance for a drill =\

used an airtool thing from courtesy of a friend, the drill bit slotted into that perfectly. it's very small.
    do they have right hand bend attachments for dremel tools? that'd be able to do the job...
    otherwise, i don't know what your other options are... is there a bit of the bolt sticking out still? maybe vice grips would be easier.

btw, it's the head
    And so it begins...

hmmm... alright thanks .

i'll have to have a good look at it when i can be bothered to pull my extractors off again *moan*...