Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    turbo charge honda. that yank style. i jdm man true na tunnig if done rite can be just as deadly.

yea i'd prefer to keep it na aswell - i just dont know of any mid 14 second euro's atm, might be because a more affordable ecu option isnt available yet.

I so want a EURO!, i have a CD5 atm and thinking about placing a H22A in it, but damn, EURO ACCORDS are just plain HOT!!.. actually both CD5 and EURO look hot.. imo these two are the best Accords made.. or maybe im just abit biased lol

NeRV - i'd have to agree with you man. I love cd5 accords lookwise, and especially performance wise with the h22a. Just plain hot - get a euro and be the/one of the first do a k24/k20 hybrid in australia, i'd like to see that

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by NeRV
    So whats more worthwhile, in terms of speed? CD5 with H22A conversion.. or a EURO?

CD5 with H22A conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Euro Type R has H22A in it, doesnt it?

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Nope, K20, same engine from Integra Type R.

i think the CL1 euroR (the previous model euroR) had a h22a?

a stock euro vs. a h22a cd5 though, the cd5 is a clear winner. In saying that the euro engine has big potential and i think if both were heavily modified the euro would come out on top (especially the lighter standard model in 6mt)

lol sounds like your really keen on this K24/K20 hybrid stuff Chris.. it sounds expensive, and im a poor uni student .. maybe you should go ahead and be the first to do it and tell everyone how it went

Nothing beats deep dish and lowered on the CD5 and EURO

NeRV, haha yea - i know of someone doing a k24/k20 hybrid swap into a dc2r and after hearing the power figures they were expecting i started thinking it was a very cool idea... i'm at uni atm too man, if i land a sweet job at the end of it it's what i'll be doing too.

i'm a big fan of dished/lipped rims too (the lip on my current rims is pretty pinner haha but itll have to do for the moment)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    i think the CL1 euroR (the previous model euroR) had a h22a?

a stock euro vs. a h22a cd5 though, the cd5 is a clear winner. In saying that the euro engine has big potential and i think if both were heavily modified the euro would come out on top (especially the lighter standard model in 6mt)

It would be interesting to see a cd5 h22a exi ( base model which is lighter ) and a base model euro standard go down the strip...both with cams, exhaust, intake and ECU.

heres a question that somebody can answer for me- how much potential has a h22a got compared to a k24, i know the h22a is a fairly old design and the euro engine is at least a full decade newer but how much more could you do to a k24 before it was at it's limit and what sort of power figures would you expect from it. naturally aspirated of course. My money is on the k24 making more power.

Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    It would be interesting to see a cd5 h22a exi ( base model which is lighter ) and a base model euro standard go down the strip...both with cams, exhaust, intake and ECU.

heres a question that somebody can answer for me- how much potential has a h22a got compared to a k24, i know the h22a is a fairly old design and the euro engine is at least a full decade newer but how much more could you do to a k24 before it was at it's limit and what sort of power figures would you expect from it. naturally aspirated of course. My money is on the k24 making more power.
    i'd like to see that at the drags too - would be very close.

I started up a thread in the allmotor section about the k24 potential - chuck your question in that thread too... i'd be interested to know the answer - the h22a has the advantage of a shorter stroke and potential for higher rpm i'm guessing but the euro can do the whole k20 hybrid thing which has the potential to make the enigne a beast...