Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4

Question HELP! subwoofer noise

hey,
    just recently my subs have been making this really harsh, hard thumping noise (and its not the bass obviously!) and i cant figure out why its doing it. ive had my stereo setup in my car for about a year and i havn't touched it at all and all of a sudden its starting to make this noise. even with the volume turned right down it still does it, especially when i change songs or play with the volume. it gets to the point sometimes that the noise is that hardcore that i fear the subs are gonna blow! ive re-connected the wiring, replaced the power fuse and fuse holder, re-done the earth even tried a different amp, but it still does it!
    Has anyone had this problem before or does anyone know what it is??
    cheers, DC4

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Have you checked out your subs? As in unscrew them, and just have a quick look of anything that might not look quite right? Give it a quick sniff as well to see if you have fried a voice coil. Just some things you might wanna try doing.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 prelude SI
    yeh also check for cracks along the sub itself when you take it out...try another amp if ya have to but i say it isnt ya amp..id would be a problem wif ya sub

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4
    yeah its just weird cause both subs do it together, i tried checking everything and still cant figure it out. might go do another check right now actually! cheers for the ideas guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    Id probably check the RCA cables, and if you have access to them try 2 different subs so that you can identify whether or not it is the subs or your wiring.. the best method to figure out the problem is the process of elimination.. good luck

Id say itd be your cables, try and check those. Though if its inside a sub box then it could be aproblem with you connectors, or the internal wiring.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    sounds like the spider is ripped
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!