Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by blusir2
    can u change the convert top on the older models to the glass ones???
    Yes you can. The entire top must be replaced.

i am lookin to buy a S2K but wouldnt wanna spend the money on a 2002 one...too much money for me?? and how does the wind deflector fit?? thru that plastic on the storage compartment?? does it mean i gotta drill holes thru it??
    Yes. There are two spots that are premarked by the factory on the underside of the upper glovebox lid where the aeroscreen is to be attached. On earlier models you simply drilled the holes through from underneath. On newer models the aeroscreen is standard equippment. It's a dead easy install.

There are a number of other items that also use the same holes such as the taller aftermarket aeroscreens and camera mounts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX
    Apparently the early models 99,2000,2001 ?? have weaker diff's, noticable shift ratio and poorer suspension.

Is this correct??

I'm looking for a Gunmetal S2000 for around 35 grand!

I'm located in Melbourne.

Mark

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

Arrow

Mark
    sure sure

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXONE
    Apparently the early models 99,2000,2001 ?? have weaker diff's, noticable shift ratio and poorer suspension.

Is this correct??

Mark
    The suspension was softened up a bit on later model cars. I wouldn't call it 'poorer' on the earlier models by any stretch of the imagination. It is quite simply firmer (a preferable attribute for some). If you want a car with a softer ride then geneally speaking there is always some slight trade-off in the handling department.

I'm not aware of any noticeable differences in driving feel between year models as far as gear ratios go but you might check s2ki.com for more info on this. As far as redline goes the newer cars redline at 8,300 rpm while the earlier models redline at 9000 rpm.

As far as the diff goes I can't see any problems with them. The few people that have problems with their diffs generally tend to be excessively hard on the car. High rev clutch dumps and so on can damage the diff in almost any car.

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic
    fark! u guys r so lucky!!!!!! iam so jealous!!!!!!!! i will have to buy an s2000 when i am older and have more money! !

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    guys just a question.

i got told that the earlier model were drinking oil. is this true? Should i look out for anything in the earlier models?
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    yep they burn oil i believe, i think its from a poor sump design that excessivly allows oil to burn during fast cornering. Then again i could be re-quoting someone elses bs. but yeah it definately needs to have its oil checked, Honda recommended about once every 2nd tank of petrol...i think thats excessive though. I bought a 5 litres worth of mobile1, in the 2 months i've had the car i used about 700-800mls or so.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Just do all the basics man.

Get it checked out by REVS, get your mechanic to check it out - check for panel damage - any mods make sure you know what it is and who did it, and if it looks dodgy run for the hills man.

Hethro

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin
    guys just a question.

i got told that the earlier model were drinking oil. is this true? Should i look out for anything in the earlier models?
    mate it burns oil hard core..

i got a 2000 model.. i changed the oil and in about 5000kms it was all gone to the point of oil light coming on when i started to corner a bit hard or when i braked heavily.. but gettin a better sump will help.. i got a mugen sump coming on its way.. will aid in the situation... no biggy though.. just check oil every now and then... like when ur fillin up... but do check coz the F20C is definately not an engine that likes to be starved of oil.. especially when ur revving it to 9000rpm..

Jason
    TODA Racing Australia

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Thanks for that informative post Jason. Can you keep us up to date with the mugen Sump and tell us how it goes. Cos i'm intrested in getting the car and starting to look into one at the moment but not ready to spend the $10-15K's extra for the next gen model. I dont want to get a model thats chewing up oil like that.

I spoz i should as if this damages the engine in any way?
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    mate it burns oil hard core..

i got a 2000 model.. i changed the oil and in about 5000kms it was all gone to the point of oil light coming on when i started to corner a bit hard or when i braked heavily.. but gettin a better sump will help.. i got a mugen sump coming on its way.. will aid in the situation... no biggy though.. just check oil every now and then... like when ur fillin up... but do check coz the F20C is definately not an engine that likes to be starved of oil.. especially when ur revving it to 9000rpm..

Jason
    TODA Racing Australia
    hmm not sure whats going on with your s2k but mine which was a 1999 model was really good with oil consumption. Hardly consumed any at all and i drive my s2k quite hard. Even on occasions of where it was taken to the track the oil levels did not drop.