Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civic coupe

Quote Originally Posted by sabih

Money isn't really an option here, i'm just looking for the best base model looking car i can modify over time.
    Why not just get a VTi-R? You can get the EM1 (99-00) Civic Coupe VTi-R of if you like hatches, there's the 96-98 VTi-R hatch. But of course I'd prefer the coupes

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic
    yeah if money is not an issue 4 u why not get the vtir coupe? it is top of the civic breed in oz

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    the civic would woop the ass of a bmw.. unless its a m3.. cause my ed civic d15b vtec useto chop my x gf 318i something silly... i actually had to not give it to much so the race would look like she had a chance..

Quote Originally Posted by sabih
    Hi guys,

Sorry, im new to this forum so i hope this isn't a too stupid question

I', looking at buying a CIVIC VTi Coupe (around 97/98'). I know these cars are only 1.6lt engines. I currently have a BMW 318is 1.9ltr (twin cam) and wondering performance wise how the two would compare.

I have previously had an 1988 Honda Accord and a 1989 Honda Prelude. I really like Honda's in general but dont know a thing about civics.

I have a mate whos a member on here actually who has a Civic Type R.. I need a few knowledgable opinions on the civic in general more so the 1997/98 coupe

Any info would be very welcomed!

Thanks.

Hey mate,

I was very close to buying a 1.9L: twin cam 318is coupe about 6 months ago. I have a '96 civic sedan, and a mate has a '97 civic vti coupe, which I have driven several times.

I found that the BMW, while it is a nice car to drive, didn't have as much poke up high as the civics, and didn't seem to respond quite as nice. The engine was smooth, but I think it was more designed for cruising. I ended up keeping the civic for several reasons:

- The civic didn't handle quite as nice, but had a better engine (IMO)
    - The civic had much much better build quality
    - The BMW wasn't a six, and if I were to spend money buying a BMW coupe,
    it'd have to be a six cylinder.
    - The civic loves to rev, and so do I. It sounded and felt much smoother at
    7000rpm than the BMW did at 5500.
    - The civic uses less fuel, is cheaper to insure and cheaper to run.

Member Array
    Car:
    rx8, fd1 civic
    i think bmw is only good for 6cyl onward