Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen CRX Q

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Dont know if this is the rite forum to post this, so mods, feel free to move this.

I've tried reading and searching in this forum about 3rd Gens CRXs but to no avail, and so hoping someone can enlighten me.

What I would like to know are,

1) How many variations of 3rd Gen CRXs are there?? Engine wise or anything else for that matter.

2) 3rd Gens basically were produced frm 1993 correct??

3) Is/Are there DOHC VTEC CRXs in Aus or are all of dem D-Vs??

Thanx.

Jimmy.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    They came out with DOHC VTEC - there was a SOHC varient as well (off the top of my head). I wish I knew but they never interested me compared to the gen 2 CRX.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    1) How many variations of 3rd Gen CRXs are there?? Engine wise or anything else for that matter.
    there are ultimately 2 types of Gen 3s that i know of.. Ones wit electric roofs n ones witout

2) 3rd Gens basically were produced frm 1993 correct??
    April 1992 is the first release

3) Is/Are there DOHC VTEC CRXs in Aus or are all of dem D-Vs??
    All

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    All the aus spec del sols are DOHC VTEC - the D Vs are imports (there are a few b16a imports too goin round) and am pretty sure the ones that u tend to find with the electric roofs..

i have seen a few D series engines and a heap of B16a's

AUSDM came with B16a...soem imports had d16y8's

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    ok...so AUSDM CRXs are all DOHC VTECs...what's their engine codes?? they're 1.8l rite??

and that roof thing is an "option" or standard??

ahhe...i'm only asking all these Qs cos thinking of getting a 3rd Gen CRX, so wanna do as much research as possible before i dive into it.

and thanx so far for all your responses. appreciate it.

Jimmy.

Member Array
    no the only two variations in motors of the Gen3 is one has a D16y8, and one has a B16A. no 1.8L CRX's were ever produced. good handeling car but just a little bit on the heavier side of a EG civic.

By the ROOF THING I assume you're talking about the hydraulic one? Dont get it, it just adds more weight and I have 2 friends who have/hd them and they eat what little boot space you already lack.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    yer no 1.8ls .... no point in buying a d16y8 unless all u want it for is pure looks.theres hardly any variation in prices between the two so id go with a b16a aus spec as thisd get u cheaper insurance. Like slave said dont go with the flash roof thingy as there have been people who have owned these come on to our forums looking for how to fix them or where to get the appropriate parts for em cos theyve conked out.

G

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    so wat's the difference between the 2 engines?? which stock engine has more power??

and that roof thing, well, i know that there is the you-can-take-it-off version, as i swapped my mate for a crx once for a week and his could be taken off....that would b the targa version?? and then there's another version, basically??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    the b16a2 has 170 hp (160hp aus) and the d16y8 has 128-130hp... go the b16a definately.

On the roof issue..basically one is removable like your friends and there is another that stows itself in the boot automatically or someshit..but like i said before its just something else that could possible conk out on u..id just get the removable targa top like most ppl have.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by [G
    ] On the roof issue..basically one is removable like your friends and there is another that stows itself in the boot automatically or someshit..but like i said before its just something else that could possible conk out on u..id just get the removable targa top like most ppl have.
    didn't know that there is one where you can stow in the boot.

i know my mate's one is u have to take it off manually, and well, there's brackets and space in the boot for it to go...removable targa!?!, maybe??