Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i had my ss installed by fulcrum. From memory the front spring rates are 8k and rear spring rates are 6k which gives a great balance between performance and streetability from me on these coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F
    i had my ss installed by fulcrum. From memory the front spring rates are 8k and rear spring rates are 6k which gives a great balance between performance and streetability from me on these coilovers.
    How much do the SS cost after modding for AUS roads?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

They are roughly $2000 depending on model etc.

I think it's damned cheap considering more or less any other coilover is about that price on average

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz
    They are roughly $2000 depending on model etc.

I think it's damned cheap considering more or less any other coilover is about that price on average
    Not bad tho you can get OmniPower Street Kit Coilovers for $1200 AU landed
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    What is the deal with the helper spring? How does it work? How do you remove them? Is it safe?
    plough (plow) ñ. - implement for furrowing and turning up soil; similar instruments for clearing up snow; cut or force way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPlow
    What is the deal with the helper spring? How does it work? How do you remove them? Is it safe?
    helper springs , whether they be softer rated seperate above or below a normal coilover setup or even on older leaf-style setups are there to increase a suspension's load carrying capacity. They have a progressive action that do not come into play until the vehicle is loaded or the suspension deflects past a certain point .
    Normal flat surface driving will be a normal glide but once more movement thru hard cornering or bumps etc the heavier rates come into play

Those helper springs are so soft though
    You can compress them fully by hand...

I think they are mainly to keep the springs trapped, however the suspension shop told me they also disipate some energy so it doesn't skip over bumps etc
    Don't know how accurate that is... but I guess if you go over a big bump and the suspension gets unloaded, the heavy spring would compress the soft spring rather than the shock having to do all the work

Any ideas from anyone?

the helper spring is just a softer rate to take the smaller bumps and maintain a smooth ride. Also keeps the larger rate spring in contact-

What I was saying is that the helper spring is so soft, I am sure it does nothing for ride quality.
    Considering it can be compressed fully by hand, I am sure when on the car it always stays fully compressed and does nothing to absorb bumps.
    Like I said I think it's either only for keeping the spring trapped or taking some energy out of the spring over big bumps? Just seems the only logical thing??

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    well i will give you photo results soon when i get them on my mates dc5r...

hopefully we can get them sitting over the rubber, hopefully sitting on the rim of his 19s or lower
    plough (plow) ñ. - implement for furrowing and turning up soil; similar instruments for clearing up snow; cut or force way.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    yeah... lowering capability of Tein SS is what I would like to know also... would probably vary on different model Hondas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlow
    well i will give you photo results soon when i get them on my mates dc5r...

hopefully we can get them sitting over the rubber, hopefully sitting on the rim of his 19s or lower
    atm my rear guards r slightly covering my rubber and i can easily lower more. I have 17" rims so I dun think it would b hard to get the ss to cover the 19".

I have no rubbing issues with my height but I dunno about with 19"s.