Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesil
    anyone has any pics for me to see what cosmetic changes are there for the 06 Euro?
    Here you go: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...5&page=2&pp=40
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by nich
    Hey UNLS1

Would you know if the new 06 going to be equiped with a phone system like the yanky TSX?
    nope

lovesil anyone has any pics for me to see what cosmetic changes are there for the 06 Euro?

do a search on the forum, there are pics all over the place...
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Hi UNLS1

Would you know if there is going to be a difference between the Standard MY05 and MY06 models?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    not sure yet......id say same cosmetics on the outside like the lux will let ya know on the 29th
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Hey guys im waiting to pick up my euro luxury, and i rang one of the guys at trivet in parramatta. He said as far as he knew there is no such thing as a MY06 accord there is a special edition coming out in the near future where they are testing satnav on it around 300 cars in total and it will be approx 2 or 2.k on top of prices at the moment, its just testing the market for satnav apparently.

So basically he's saying he doubts it will be a updated model esp if they only just brought out my05

but then again who knows what these guys are told weather they just talk outta there ass, How certain are you that there is a upgrade UNLS1?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY 03 EURO
    "So basically he's saying he doubts it will be a updated model esp if they only just brought out my05 "

Its not unusual for manufacturers/Honda to introduce optional extras on next years range without significantly changing the lineup of models. Just a sweetener.

Sat Nav is common in the 40k+ market thesedays (if not standard equip). The market is there for it so I would be very surprised if sat nav doesent become standard in the lux.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by URMINE
    Hey guys im waiting to pick up my euro luxury, and i rang one of the guys at trivet in parramatta. He said as far as he knew there is no such thing as a MY06 accord there is a special edition coming out in the near future where they are testing satnav on it around 300 cars in total and it will be approx 2 or 2.k on top of prices at the moment, its just testing the market for satnav apparently.

So basically he's saying he doubts it will be a updated model esp if they only just brought out my05

but then again who knows what these guys are told weather they just talk outta there ass, How certain are you that there is a upgrade UNLS1?
    *He also doesnt want you to cancel your order and wait for a new one considering this is the most quiet time of the year for new car sales.
    [NSW]VTEC Number Plates for Sale: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63267

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by URMINE

Take a look at www.honda.co.uk (now updated! See the gallery)

Now whilst it is not impossible - it would seem rather illogical for Honda Japan to release an updated 2006 model Euro in the UK but not in Australia. Sure they can still keep the 05 bumper, bonnet, grill etc for Australia and use the new 06 bumper, bonnet, grill etc for UK - but I think that would be odd and the shape would be kept the same for the different markets.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Also, with the addition of Sat Nav, it is not a minor upgrade at all considering the whole dash will be completely different, plus I am sure the internal wiring will be incompatible to the standard non-Navi euro.... you need GPS antenna, speed sensors, upgraded sound sys, etc etc...

I would think it is un-economical for Honda Australia to introduce such a huge "upgrade" to MY05 instead of calling it a mid-life facelift. I would be disappointed if Bluetooth preparation for phone isnt included in the upgrade though...

Sounds like a great car fully loaded! Shame, I just bought myself an Audi A4 .. but felt lucky that I didnt go ahead with the now soone to be replaced MY05 ...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY 03 EURO
    "Also, with the addition of Sat Nav, it is not a minor upgrade at all considering the whole dash will be completely different, plus I am sure the internal wiring will be incompatible to the standard non-Navi euro.... you need GPS antenna, speed sensors, upgraded sound sys, etc etc..."

Speed sensors? - Does'nt the GPS calculate its own speed?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    The speed sensor (which would be connected to behind the instrument cluster - speedo), is required for the Navi unit to keep track with the vehicle's motion while in guidance mode when satellite signal is lost temporarily, such as going through the tunnel.
    The speed sensor is also used for self-calibration, as the navi would somehow tend to compare its calculated speed from above, to the actual mechanical road speed from the wheels - therefore it actually needs to be setup with the actual size of wheels/tyres as well.

I am not 100% sure with the Honda Nav setup though as I have no experience with it yet. However Mercedes Command, and Audi Navi Plus systems all have that extra info so that the car will still appear to be moving on the screen while crossing the Sydney harbour tunnel even the viewing the sky isnt possible.

More info available here www.navplus.us I reckon its a great site! There was a great head to head comparison on the Audi system and Acura Navi system too just in case anyones interested.

I am actually considering retrofitting the factory Navi Unit in my A4 for a fraction of the cost of what Audi stealers wanted as option when purchase from new...
    Last edited by hihidamon; 22-11-2005 at 12:59 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY 03 EURO
    ......you learn somthin new everyday.