Thread: drag question

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg

drag question

when going to say heathcote / calder park, do you need to remove everything loose from the car? (i.e., subs / amp etc?)

thanks.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    well i guess u dun have to ... but if u do .. obviously it would make the car lighter... and that would help in a better time...

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Alone as for a safety aspect it is good to remove anything that is loose which could possibly hurt somone in an accident, both on the track and street.

But yeh, before you go to the drags just have a good clean up of all loose items that you don't need. If you can remove you subs etc that would be great, but things like loose change and all the other crap that may be lying on the floor on in the boot all adds up as un-nesasary weight. If you want to be more extreem you can remove seats and spare wheels, its up to you how far you want to go.

Have fun anyway.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    thanks guys... i removed most stuff but dont really wanna drive to heathcote tomorrow without any music!

not going to go as far as removing the seats - im not there to run the best time possible, just want to see what i can do in full street trim so i have a base for future mods.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    if anybody wonders (or cares) my best time for the day was 15.46 @ 96mph.. stock vtir (well, i have a ebay intake) with 17" wheels and yes i left the sub etc in there

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 SiR & CRV
    nice run brad!
    [EXE Crew]
    JDM EF9 SiR

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    Are you sure that's correct mph?

if so well done mate, get some stock wheels, strip the car and you'll run 14.5-14.7 easy

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 VTiR Teg
    yeah, its correct... i also did a 15.7 @ 95.5

http://users.tpg.com.au/xscape23/slips.jpg