Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: re-build

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    What point of using a generic piston, measuring the bore, matching up the wrist pings etc and cutting valve relives is’t custom ?? anything you buy that you need to modify or check to fit is not off the self dude.. its “custom”
    So you are saying that you build engines without measuring say, piston to bore clearances, and simply trust the manufacturer and your machinist that they have given you exactally what you have specified?

I hope not, in which case, by your definition, everything becomes custom.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    in light of whats been said above ~ dosent the "budget turbo build" apply here too ? IE upgrade injectors and run low boost on stock internals ?!
    sorry buddy im not goin turbo no where near enough cash and theres no room what so ever under the bonnet, serious, NO ROOM.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    can any body recomend any where??

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Of course, you would measure and check all clearances when building a engine, but this is very very different to ordering parts !
    You can order B D K H pistons and cams and many other parts straight off the shelf, to almost any particular bore size, or compression ratio, designed specifically for the Honda engine application. Of course you need to measure / check everything but the same can’t be said for the KA7 engine.
    The other problem I see if the limited budget of $3000.00

My suggestion look at doing an engine swap, buy a healthy newer engine drop a h22 in, and go from there.
    Is your car manual or automatic ?

Or just rebuild with stock Honda parts, your budget does’t allow for anything else.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    thanx for your responce again james.

maby an engine sawp is the way too go but i really am after more power.

the KA7 produces 147kw at the motor, what is the power out put of a H22?

and another thing is the KA7 is a NORTH/SOUTH facing motor, H22 is a EAST/WEST i belive.

KEY WORK HERE IS MORE POWER

- I think i need 2 find somwhere in melb too get some more info. any recomendations?

is hondadata who u work for james? what does hondadata do? is it just tuning?. maby i should be looking in that direction.

-zane

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    My workshops most certainly can help provide a solution for you, but yeah like i said before the limits to what you can do come down to how much money you want to spend, you could even put a k20 dc5 type R engine in your car.. anything is possible.

Drop down and talk to Justin at Rev Zone 3 Verman Crt Nunawading VIC, 3131 Ph: (03) 9878 9299

Justin has done many engine swaps, arrange a time n I’m more than happy to meet you there, just let Justin know.

As for hondata yes I’m responsible for Hondata in Australia, and am involved in many projects to do with Honda race, street, drag and track cars around Australia, from tuning to building, to design and engineering.

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Audi S5/05 Audi A6
    THANX JAMES!!!
    ill get on 2 this very soon

-zane