Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Civic VTi-R

Dunno bout the Hatch backs, but ive read in differents mags and the EM1 coupe is around 7.6-7.8 sec.

I gtech my EM1 when it was dead stock and got a best of 7.11 sec but averaged around the 7.4s..but this is not always accurate way of testing imo..

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    haha this old thread again

Wheels magazine quote 8.2.
    Ive tested my VTiR when it was stock and got 7.8 on about 15 runs and a best of 7.5 on one run. I experimented leaving it in second and tried shifting to third on some runs.

The EK9 is supposed to do it in 6.9 ~ depending also upon which Best Motoring DVD you watch but from all real life sources, 6.9 - 7.2 are the figure thrown at me.

more in this website:
    http://www.dohc-vtec.com.au/pages/li...r-vs-typer.htm

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    Em1
    nrma is way off on heaps of honda stats... redbook isnt that crash hot either

before i got my em1 i read that they did 8.7, 8, 7.8secs... and first time i did 0-100km i smashd all them times...

my em1 times are similar to trust-me... so the hatch should be around the same...

guesstimating a CTR should get a solid 6.5secs... i think there jst a little bit slower the a dc2r

Car:
    Actually all reports have indicated the EK9 is faster than the DC2 ITR. This was also backed up by someone who has raced both and runs a tuning business in Singapore. But ironically is franctionally slower over the 1/4

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    from what ive seen
    its 8.1
    but dats the claimed one
    i reckon they can go faster
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 / Skyline ECR33
    Trust-Me: Did you include the weight of petrol in your tank(approximately 1kg/Litre) and your body weight when you input the weight figure into your g-tech for the 0-100km/h runs? 7.11sec sounds quick for a EM1/or EK4.

Doesn't a stock DC2R/DC5R do 0-100km/h in around 6.9sec 7secs flat?
    Vti-r Civic/Integras Mid to High 7s (Teg's quicker tho)
    Vti-r Preludes around 8 to 8.5sec

my 2cents (i could be totally wrong, it just my opinion based on what i've read in the past)

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    Actually all reports have indicated the EK9 is faster than the DC2 ITR. This was also backed up by someone who has raced both and runs a tuning business in Singapore. But ironically is franctionally slower over the 1/4
    There's a video clip with the DC2R Vs the EK9...
    and the DC2R beat it 0 - 100 and down the quarter.
    This was tested by those jap drivers...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah i saw that it was from a best motoring Vid.
    I think it depends on which DC2R your talking about, the DC2R they are talking about is prob a Aus spec one.

I think the JDM ITR is quicker, but on the track apparently the CTR is quicker around the corners. I saw it on the Type R best motoring DVD which i have around here somewhere.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i thought the TEggy was quicker around track.
    i have a clip with the teggy Vs the Civic type R of course around a track in japan. the civic was alittle slower.
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Car:
    Mind you a lot of those BM vids are bias.
    Ive got a big collection of them and a lot of the times differ as per car they're comparing it against

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Honda Test Info for 0-100, 1400m etc are all with full tank of petrol as far as I know.

plus, u have to wonder for all the factory claimed 0-100 and 1400m tests, are they doing tyre-baking launches, flat shifting, kissing the rev-limiter etc.. plus the tests are performed many, many times and averaged out to a median.

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Civic VTi-R EK4
    hehe, i always read 0-100kph (0-62mph) vti-r times between 7.2-7.5, US coupe, and 7.5-8 for the EK4 hatches.

Yea, when mine was stocker i was gettin around 7.4-7.8 seconds on my g-tech (but thats really 0-60mph)...but nowadays i'm gettin most runs between and 6.9-7.3 with my CAI only...dunno...doubt the CAI that good , but i think my shifting just got better

does anyone know some typical time differences there is usualli between 0-60mph and 0-62mph timez?