Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CE Lancer
    So you completely drained out the fuel lines and changed the filters to do this comparison?

Dude you wouldnt happent to be a government agent or something that infultrates car forums to spread the gospel about the new ethanol blands and how great they are?

run your car for a week on one first
    then refill with like $10 or 10l of fuel and test.
    then fill your car with ethanol blend and run that for a week
    then once again refill with $10 or 10l and test.

and by test i mean do some 1/4 mile comparisons, dyno power tests etc.

Otherwise what your saying holds as much weight as someone saying that you can tell the difference between the type r and std civic gear ratios, and the type R turned out to be faster but it was nothing to do with the fact that the b16b was a better engine ...it was all the gearbox ratios*.

*note the sarcasm being the fact that they use the same gearbox and ratios.
    See a good post? - PQ it

What is it that keeps drawing me back to Hondas??

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra
    I use my fuel till last 3 liters..where almost hit the empty mark. I am very sensitive to my car since I GTEC it all the time in the past. Oct 100 is the way to go. Its only a e5 blend not an e10 blend. I know on the www.fcai.com.au that E10 is for honda 2004 model above. Therefore, we can not say that e5 not safe for 2004 before.

One thing is we must have efi model to run e5, the old 1986 model cabburator...is not suitable...
    I am not an gov agent, but rather a Honda enthurist...but I am a chemical back ground, thats why I know e5 will not damage your car. Its too diluted. Its loke put 2 drops of sulphuric acid in a cup of water....and its safe to drink..but if you had 20 drops...it will burn your mouth...haaaa. I hope this helps. By the way my ecu is tuued for optimax 98..therefore the p4 ecu is still good for ajusting the ignition timming when I swapped back to optimax 98. I enjoyed the performance difference.....

Good luck guys...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Imagine if you drank that diluted sulphuric acid everyday. You wouldn't die from poisoning or corrosion, but you would find that you get more mouth ulcers than usual. I'd say, if you are willing to live with the unknown longevity of the seals running Optimax extreme, then go for it. It could be that ethanol does nothing even if we run for 15 years on E5, and those of us who are holding back would have missed out on a good thing. It's all up to the individual. To me, I'm not supporting this sneaky way of introducing ethanol blend into our/car's diets.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    i put this today in my dc2r.

If you see in the for sale section you can see what mods i have done to the car. Basically its a 32degree day here in brisbane and the car drives like even smoother with the extreme fuel. At first feel it is def worth putting into the car. Even more so if the car has been tuned for 98. I feel in this heat the extra octane gives a slighty larger margin against detonation. If i was keeping the car and every shell had the stuff then i would have the power fc retuned for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    have putted it on the MDX and yes it does make the engine sound smoother and the throttle is more smooth as well... the car usually have some filtering noise from the engine even for RON 98,.. but extreme got the noise gone...
    and swaped back to 98 RON ( optimax) and the noise reappeared again...
    so yeah i would love to have extreme again~~~

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Ok tonight i took the car out for a good strap. And yes its confirmed it even more......the car loves the extreme fuel.

Member Array
    Pay someone enough money and they will promote anything (dick )

I KNOW A FEW GIRLS THAT LOVE DICK

Some things to think about below

To many car manufactures recommend not to use it
    I also think that the fuel company would have spent a lot of money to change their plants to make this fuel. So they would do anything to get you to use it.
    I also think that HONDA and other car companies would have been told that this fuel is on the way so still no real TYPE R . If this is a performance fuel will we now get the performance cars to, prob not, since the performance car maker we already have there cars in Aus say don't use it (Ferrari)

If the fuel is good why don't the V8 supercars (which use optimax) change to extreme ( yes i know they will have to re tune)

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra
    we have to wait and see the big super cars...as time gets by....higher octane will introduce eg 102..103..104. But we still need to keep some low octanes for some older cars and "affordability".

Thank you for reading this.

Member Array
    Car:
    CE Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by lspower
    we have to wait and see the big super cars...as time gets by....higher octane will introduce eg 102..103..104. But we still need to keep some low octanes for some older cars and "affordability".

Thank you for reading this.

Written and authorised by the People For John Howards Dodgey Fuel Propaganda

I mean seriously dude have you asked them about becomming an official spokes person instead of Dick Johnson?
    See a good post? - PQ it

What is it that keeps drawing me back to Hondas??

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by b20b
    If the fuel is good why don't the V8 supercars (which use optimax) change to extreme ( yes i know they will have to re tune)
    They've already announced the changeover

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...nd=M&gid=21502

I can't believe that young people can sound like such a pack of old farts!
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Magneti Marelli, Jenvey and Digitek Corse
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    forgive us for being a little sceptical on this new product. With what I have read there is a bit of a mixed responce to this fuel. (i prob have not read enough missed the v8 announcement)

now where's my slippers

Quote Originally Posted by EfiOz
    They've already announced the changeover

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...nd=M&gid=21502

I can't believe that young people can sound like such a pack of old farts!

How come some people using Extreme with E5 will notice a more noisier engine whereas some seem to think it is smoother?

Actually I'm quite surprised that people felt a power difference going from Optimax to Extreme - may be the power increase was from the E5 and not from the 2 more RON resistance to knock? haha!

But seriously, I don't even trust myself when it comes to seat-of-the-pants, all I will trust is the dyno or at the least the maximum g-force I pull in my G-Tech in a certain gear. Which unfortunately is sitting at a friend's house so I haven't tried it yet....

Have now used Caltex Vortex (95- or 96?), Shell Optimax 98 and Shell 95 so far, all of them doesn't feel that different to me. Note I'm not saying there is no gains/losses just that I couldn't feel it. I got to try Mobil Synergy 8000 next, now you can buy $5.0 of stuff and get the 4c/Litre off. So basically, its like getting $5.0 of free stuff everytime you fill up