Thread: Mclaren F1 2007

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago

Mclaren F1 2007

WOOTAHFC*K

Alonso's decision to sign for the Woking-based team means that either Kimi Raikkonen or Juan Pablo Montoya will be moving aside to make way for the Spanish star - which is likely to have a considerable knock-on effect throughout the rest of the drivers market.

It will also be interesting to see what effect the announcement has on Alonso's motivation during the 2006 season - when he will still be driving for the Renault team. Juan-Pablo Montoya suffered from a relatively disappointing season in 2004 after it was announced that he would be leaving Williams for McLaren.

"It's great that our strong belief in the strength and competitiveness of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes package has been further endorsed by the World Champion," said Ron Dennis, Team Principal of McLaren. "We always make it clear that we want to be the best and the only way of achieving this objective is by attracting the best people, the best drivers and the best sponsors. To be able to announce Vodafone as only McLaren's third title partner in more than 30 years and Fernando's employment within only a few days is fantastic news for the team, our partners, Formula One and the fans."

"We are in discussions with our current drivers' Kimi Raikkonen and Juan Pablo Montoya regarding the 2007 season", continued Dennis - confirming that one of them is likely to be forced out by the decision. "Both Juan Pablo and Kimi are extremely talented, professional and competitive Formula One drivers and they have and will continue to concentrate on our joint challenge for the Championships."

"Fernando and McLaren Mercedes wanted to make the announcement as soon as possible in a controlled and professional manner to allow McLaren Mercedes, Fernando, Kimi and Juan Pablo to focus on the preparations for the 2006 season," states Ron Dennis. "Our aim for next year remains absolutely clear to everybody within the team – we want to win races and be in a position where we might have two Formula One World Champions driving for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes in 2007."

"We are pleased to welcome Fernando to the team and look forward to working both with him and our new title sponsor in 2007," said Norbert Haug, Vice-President, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport. "To have a World Champion joining the team is a great endorsement and will create a tremendous amount of excitement. However for now our focus must remain on the 2006 season where we want to go one better than we did in 2005."

Speaking about the move, 2005 Formula One World Champion Fernando Alonso commented "To become part of a team with such a desire to succeed and passion for performance is a dream come true for any Formula One driver. I am very excited about 2007 and the fantastic opportunity to drive for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. It will be a new beginning for me and a tremendous challenge and from what I have heard about this exciting new Partnership there is something to look forward to. Obviously I will be sad to leave Renault but sometimes possibilities come along which are just too good to miss. I'm pleased that we are able to make this announcement already now as it will allow my current team and I to focus 100 per cent on defending the World Championships next year."
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY05 - Milano Red
    Yes wtf. I think Ron will want juan to leave. However, I think kimi will leave anyways. Those ferrari rumours will hot up again now I reckon. Alonso will finally get a top tier salary.

I like how they have slipped the vodaphone announcement in there too as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R/DC5R
    yeah im pretty sure that kimi will be going to Ferrari by the looks of it....i also think that Ron Dennis is trying to have a safety net in place as he knows he cant stop Kimi from going to another team...im sure Ferrari will offer Kimi at least 2 to 3 times more the salary that McLaren are giving him now...

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    I don't reckon it will make any difference to Alonso's performances in 2006, yopu've only got so many years in F1 so no-one would waste a year where there is the chance of a title.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

My theory is this:

Schumacher's last season will be 2007, Kimi will partner Michael in his last year to gain as much Ferrari and driver knowledge possible.

Alonso goes to McLaren and doesn't have as much success.

Sato is crap as usual.

Button will never win a Race EVER!

Webber to Renault. (trust me)

Quote Originally Posted by LUD02C
    My theory is this:

Schumacher's last season will be 2007, Kimi will partner Michael in his last year to gain as much Ferrari and driver knowledge possible.
    agreed

Alonso goes to McLaren and doesn't have as much success.
    agreed...
    imo he'll do real crap next season as well...

Sato is crap as usual.

Button will never win a Race EVER!
    next season he will ... u just watch lolz..

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    Schumacher will rise again! Eat all these noobs for breakfast. I havent lost my faith in one of the greatest drivers of all time...