Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    nsx

Lowering by only 1 inch?

Is it worth lowering my integra by 1 inch?

Heres my car:

Because I want to put these spoon springs but as I've heard it only lowers your car by 1 inch.

I want to lower it but I don't want it too low and I don't want to lose the handling by putting in crap springs. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by GreekWarrior; 02-01-2006 at 09:21 PM.
    I'd rather walk way from something saying "that was too hard" than walk away saying "that was too easy"
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***
    █████████████████████ 100%

afaik spoon springs lower your car more than one inch...closer to 1.5 or so.
    Anyway , decent springs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
    Is it worth lowering my integra by 1 inch?

I want to lower it but I don't want it too low and I don't want to lose the handling by putting in crap springs. Your thoughts?
    Yes it is worth it if you want a better handling car. But only if you do it right. Theres no point in just putting in lower springs, even if they are Spoon. You should look at upgrading your standard shocks as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    if you not happy with the springs get those recompressed
    they can change the hight of them and keep the same ride feel

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    afaik spoon springs lower your car more than one inch...closer to 1.5 or so.
    Anyway , decent springs.
    1.5 hey? not too bad, yeah I'm gona change shocks if i lower it cause like i said i want to keep the handling.

thanks guys.
    I'd rather walk way from something saying "that was too hard" than walk away saying "that was too easy"
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***

No problems. And by the way, whatever you do dont 'recompress' the springs. lol!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    Just out of curiosity, how do they recompress springs? if it involves heating and compressing, then wouldnt that technically make them unroadworthy?

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    I think the Spoon spring pictured are the progressives for DC2R and actually lower it a further 40mm or so (from DC2R height) and are designed to work well with DC2R shocks, if you choose this path you will need LCA's to make them fit. See my car specs for vtir with itr suspension, rear not much lower but front much lower than stock, I highly recommend it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    i got recompressed stock springs ( i didnt do it) and the sides are different height.
    scrape my exhaust at every speed bump
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2
    I think the Spoon spring pictured are the progressives for DC2R and actually lower it a further 40mm or so (from DC2R height) and are designed to work well with DC2R shocks, if you choose this path you will need LCA's to make them fit. See my car specs for vtir with itr suspension, rear not much lower but front much lower than stock, I highly recommend it.
    What are LCA's?
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***

Quote Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
    What are LCA's?
    LCA = Lower Control Arm ( he refers to the rear LCA's)

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    you aint gunna need a new lca if u are just changing the spring.

Dude i suggest that if you are going to get springs and struts to wait, and then go with coilovers, i love the adjustability on mine...i can dial it up or down to suit my perfect height, as well as damper adjustment + handling is 10X better
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.