Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by victype
    If you want PURE loudness/deafeaning, get a HKS hiper, remove the catback and replace it with a custom straight pipe. THose who went for the dyno day in syd 11/4/2004 would have known lol. My dc5r literally blew them away with the noise!

Pros: Straight pipe so probably better max power, really really loud (if you like it)
    Cons: Gets unwanted attention (Police), 101% rice, not good for your ears (even at 5th gear!!!!)
    Dont forget the environment!!!

I got HKS Hiper on my DC2 and it's not that loud at all, I've heard plenty louder exhausts.

Quote Originally Posted by soul4real
    I got HKS Hiper on my DC2 and it's not that loud at all, I've heard plenty louder exhausts.
    victype made "adjustments" to his piping...

I see

can we see some pictures of these exhausts?.... physical differences?
    フジタエンジニアリング

the thread should be named vtec "music"
    not noise =P
    noise is bad =P

haha yeh it does sound kinda crazy wen vtec kicks in

Anonymous
    top end power....use 1 straight pipe, for instance: Buddyclub spec 2....ho lung loud ga...........or use RSR GT11, its the same as Buddyclub spec 2.... if u are after more torque, use spoon N1

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTiR
    Im grabing a Tanabe Hyper Medallion in a few weeks so can let you know what it sounds like on a 5th gen lude

Ive heard its nice at idle and really opens up at WOT

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I'm going Mugen and Type S next weekend... I'll try and get an audio capture of that...

Newcomer Array
    ive got the n1 on my dc5 ive driven around for 4 months and the police havent even worried about it. i reckon the spoon is the best i have heard by far

i have the mugen on my dc5 and its very quiet down low.. you dont get any attention at all. In vtec its a very nice tone but still no where near as loud as some of the other exhaust.