Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '91 Integra DA9
    My tweeters mounted in the door actually dont come out of the vinyl at all.. The main lil plastic frame is secured from the back then u just grab a lil bit of double sided tape and hold the actual tweeter in its frame. Looks best and works well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    depending what brand tweeters you have they can come with secure mounts that flare out and its impossible for them to fall out

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    this may sound stupid, but how to i install the tweeter wiring? like where do they connect to and stuff? coz i dont want top pay some guy 50 bucks to install it when i can do it myself for free.

thanks.
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    newb questin here
    if u mount it in a spot where the sun directly shines on it.
    can tweeters b damaged if exposed to hot days??
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fusion
    this may sound stupid, but how to i install the tweeter wiring? like where do they connect to and stuff? coz i dont want top pay some guy 50 bucks to install it when i can do it myself for free.

thanks.
    normally in a split system you have the tweeter and woofer connecting to a cross over and then this connect to the output of the amp or headunit
    in your case being that you purchased ancient speakers they do not have a crossover
    you tweeter consistes of a inline filter mounted on the tweeter and this takes out all the low frequencies
    and same but with the high on the woofer
    so you just connect these in line with each other, the output to woofer, woofer to tweeter or what ever way you want doesnt matter as long as they are on the same output line
    just get the polarity correct

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwillz
    newb questin here
    if u mount it in a spot where the sun directly shines on it.
    can tweeters b damaged if exposed to hot days??
    like any speaker its not best to be exposed to direct light but if they have a cover on them they should last a good few years
    I have seen subs warp in the sun

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Some people will say kick panel is the best place for tweeter, some will say high up on the door, some will say dash (although most have said pretty much the same in this thread) try blu-tacing the tweeters in various spots, having a listen, and see which one works best for you
    Intentionally Left Blank