Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R

DC5R JDM Mirror installation

Need a little help with installing my JDM mirrors. Anyone have them installed and willing to help with a wiring schematic or just description as to which wire does what? All help is appreciated. Thanks

Moderator - here to help Array
    if your current dc5r has electric mirrors already, all u need to do is swap them over. its that easy isnt it?
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Yea, but JDM mirrors are folding mirrors.

I found out that the wires down to a few current are unknown ones. All wires between the JDM and AUDM is the same except ones with diff sockets and unknown func. The switch has 2 unknown wires comin out which i think is a power and switched on signal wire.

If anyone has install the JDM folding mirrors in please let me know. Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Manage to find some help and till then I am able to wire the mirrors in with just the switch to control it, but that would defeat the automatic folding feature that should be controlled by the relay, which I assume from reading. The relay is a solid state controlling device that has only 4 wires going to it. The relay itself has 5 pins, but looks to not have the 5th connection in use (pin 2 on the connector). I'm sure that Honda uses the relay, or other similar ones that are wired the same for other functions, but unfortuneatly havn't found anything yet, or similar. Anyone who knows more about Honda relays will be of a help, but until I hear of anything else, I will have to do more research.